Redpower Metadata & FML

calclavia

Also another question. Approximately when would the new Forge (that does not use ModLoader) release it's recommended build? If there is no date then it doesn't really matter. Just asking. It will take a while for people to switch to not use ModLoader at all.

Also in the new Forge I see in the mods menu there is this thing under the mod that says child mod. What does a "child mod" mean (does it mean like add-ons for IC2?) and how do you set it up?

As for the mod metadata, I created an info file but I don't know how to get Forge to load up the mod metadata.

I have a lot of questions :P I can't seem to find any documentary on FML due to it's new-ness. Any source of help would be helpful.

She uses tile entities

always wonder why areas with alot of cover and panels lagged at first. Then again i'm using bukkit for my server they might have forgot to tell the tileEntities too not update every tick.

She uses the Forge hook that lets you disable ticking for a TE.  We have had quite literally tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of RP microblocks within a few chunks on one of my servers and it had no issues whatsoever.

She uses tile entities

always wonder why areas with alot of cover and panels lagged at first. Then again i'm using bukkit for my server they might have forgot to tell the tileEntities too not update every tick.

She uses the Forge hook that lets you disable ticking for a TE.  We have had quite literally tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of RP microblocks within a few chunks on one of my servers and it had no issues whatsoever.

I was talking about first load into the area (eg teleporting into the area). Lag spike in other words.

She uses tile entities

I was talking about first load into the area (eg teleporting into the area). Lag spike in other words.

Still not experienced any big spikes, she only sends like a short worth of data for them as I recall, which is trivially small really.