1.7.10 Set Mod Load Order

TerabyteTim

I have a mod that needs to add in blocks before everything else, is there a way to set the load order customly? I tried setting the mod to have a name starting with A so it would load alphabetically first, but that didn't work, there were still a handful of mods that registered blocks before it.

Either this, or is there a way to force my blocks to get a certain ID? Because Forge assigns ID's in the order they're registered in, I'm stuck right now with incorrect ID's.

In @Mod, in the field 'dependencies', add "after:(The mod id)" to load after the mod.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

I need to make sure my mod loads before all other mods, would setting that to the base forge mod or fml make my mod load immediately after them? What if two mods share the same dependency?

It seems that what you want is a wrong way. You should not give a block certain id! Why do you want that?

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

I have an existing mod on my server with existing blocks. This is my mod.

I'm adding in a new mod, that also add blocks. The problem is that this new mod loads before my mod for some reason, so it grabs the ids first. This means that all the existing buildings on my world are now messed up, what was previously MyBlock1 is now TheirBlock1 and so on. So I want my mod to load first, so it can keep the same ID's it had previously.

I've also tried setting the id in my config via this line so FML would maybe claim the ID for me. Did I write this wrong? Is there another way for a mod to say it wants a specific ID? I imagine there has to be, as I've noticed that my blocks aren't coming in with IDs in the order they're declared in, some of them are in order, but then some of them jump randomly, so it seems like maybe another mod is trying to use that ID.

In the PreInit method of my main class:

Configuration config = new Configuration(event.getSuggestedConfigurationFile());

//Load our config file
    	config.load();

int ironDoorBlockID = config.getInt("ironDoor", "blocks", 167, 0, 255, "stuffHere");

//Save changes to our config file
    	config.save();

And this is the config file it spits out:

# Configuration file

block {
    # stuffHere [range: 0 ~ 255, default: 167]
    I:ironDoor=167
}

My mod adds in 1.8 blocks to 1.7.10. Because Forge won't allow you to use the minecraft modid, when you open a 1.8 world in 1.7.10 it uses the blocks based on the integer ID, not string ID. So sea lantern maps to block 169, etc.

So in order for my mod blocks to replace correctly, they have to load in where my sea lantern block is ID 169 so that it will replace correctly.

Looking through the mcmod.info of other mods I'm using, I see a lot of them include the lines

"dependencies": [ "Forge@[10.13.2.1232,)", "bspkrsCore@[6.15,)" ],
    "dependants": [  ],
    "useDependencyInformation": "true"

Could I enter something like "*" in dependants to make it so everything loads after mine?

I've tried putting ""dependencies": [

"before:*"

]" but that doesn't seem to work.