Linking Intellij workspaces

brandon3055

Just wondering if any of the experts here know how to link Intellij work spaces.

What i would like to do. I am about to start working on a library mod to consolidate a lot of the code that i use in all of my separate mods. And i would like to know if there is a way i can link this work space to all of my mod work spaces in a way that any changes will automatically show up in all of my separate mod work spaces. And  if possible have the ability to make changes to my library mod from the linked mod work spaces. 

Im sure i will eventually figure this out but a quick google search didn't tern up any helpful results so i figured it cant hurt to ask. 

I am the author of Draconic Evolution

Hmm... Still using eclipse language huh? They are called projects, not workspaces. ;) And as for how to do that, this link might help: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/help/opening-multiple-projects.html

Hope this helps.

Yea... I just never stopped calling them workspaces.

Thats not exactly what i need. That just shows you how to open multiple intellij windows. But i will have a look around that site because there seems to be a lot of info there.

I found that i can link them by importing my library project as a module but that dosnt actually load when i run the game.

What you want is a gradle multiproject. I am not quite sure how to get that working with ForgeGradle, since I've never done it before. But if you join #forgegradle on esper I'm sure there are people there to help you (I've seen it happen with this exact issue ;)).

@Spider: That request, as sad as it is, will probably not ever happen...

Thanks i will go have a chat with them. And if i can get it all figured out i may make a tutorial on it.