Minecraft 1.8 Advanced Json Generator

JimiIT92

Hi guys. Today i want to show you my tool that i think will help a LOT in updating your mod from 1.7.x to 1.8. Especially if you have big mods like mine ;) The most boring part is making all the Json files for each block/item, and every block is differente because if you want to do a door you need to do some different Json files than Json files you will create making a normal block (yeah i don't know if is clear but i'm sorry for my english :P)

Anyway, i was surfing the web and i didn't find any powerful Json generator, the only two i found makes only regular blocks or item (so not even metadata blocks!). So here comes my tool. wich is still in development, but offer yet something more respect the other two. So, based on that, i created this Minecraft 1.8 Advanced Json Generator, that can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v878qiu8myg9jqr/MCJsonGen_0_3_3.jar

With this tool you can actually do:

• Standard Block
  • Item
  • Stairs
  • Fences
  • Metadata Blocks (with up to 16 variants)
  • Half Slabs (and relative double slabs) (with up to 16 variants)
  • Add mod information and generate the mcmod.info file (just in case you need this ;) )

I know that many blocks are missed but i'm working on it as i'm updating my mod ;) So expect soon some updates with more functionalities :D

List of future updates:

• Flowers
  • Doors
  • Fence Gates
  • Ladders
  • Torches
  • Grass-Like Blocksadded in version 0.3.1
  • Better GUI added in version 0.1.1
  • ...and much more!

For the Java part you will need to do that on your own (i can't know what you want to do with every single block :P)

The tool is tested on Windows 8.1 x64, don't know if works on Ubuntu as well (please: if someone tries let me know if it works or no)

Here are some screenshots just to make an idea of how it works right now :)

UPDATE: this are old, new ones with the new GUI coming soon ;)

Home

2q02bsk.jpg

Create a Standard Block

am2i3c.jpg

Create a Metadata Block

sy44ms.png

Please comment with your suggestions or your bug reports :D

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

This looks very interesting, nice one. I gave it a very quick test on MacOS and FreeBSD

On Mac some of the text fields have a white background:

J9hBF0w.png

On both systems it creates output directories and files as shown below, the directories are actually empty and it has created the file names to include what I assume was suppose to be the directory it would have gone inside:

.\exported\blockstates\

.\exported\blockstates\\TestBlock.json

.\exported\models\block\

.\exported\models\block\\TestBlock.json

.\exported\models\item\

.\exported\models\item\\TestBlock.json

I can do some more testing if you're interested. Keep up the good work.

Thank you An Sar for testing it on different OS. I will try to fix that as soon as i can (i've got tons of University and work commitments) ;) I think that the text area problem is related to the fact that i was loading resources directly from an external folder, i've changed that (now the resources are located directly inside the jar so maybe that problem should be fixed) but i'm waiting to add some other functionality to post the next release :) Thanks again for the segnalation and for appreciate my work :)

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

With this tool you can actually do:

• Standard Block
  • Item
  • Stairs
  • Fences
  • Metadata Blocks (with up to 16 variants)
  • Half Slabs (and relative double slabs) (with up to 16 variants)
  • Add mod information and generate the mcmod.info file (just in case you need this ;) )

Create a Metadata Block

sy44ms.png

Please comment with your suggestions or your bug reports :D

How does one make the "metadata stair block json files" I will be making all colored clay, glass, and wool stairs. in 1.7.10 the stairs seemed to have to be made separately or when you placed them in different directions they would change color.  I have not been able to get a stair block to show up in my inventory ever since 1.8 LOL I would really like to update my missing Block Mod to 1.10