Leaves missing on some trees?

I have recently decided to pick up Minecraft again after a few months off, and updated to the 1.2.5 release.  When I started playing, I noticed that some tree leaves are not generating on new chunks.

Jungle Biome: no leaves on groundcover plants

Swamp Biome: no leaves on any trees

Tiaga Biome: no leaves on the tall skinny trees with only a little leaves at the top (normally)

Forest Biome: no leaves on Birch trees

I had started by running MCPatcher 2.3.7 successfully, and choosing the following mods: - HD Textures, HD Font, and Better Grass

Next I installed ModLoader 1.2.5 and finally Minecraftforge-client-3.2.5.118

After noticing the error I described, I downloaded a FRESH .minecraft/bin folder and tested with each step to see where it occurred.  This did not happen until I installed Minecraftforge.

(let me know if there is anything else I can give for information.  There are no error messages so far as I know)

Any ideas what is happening?

2hs0wt5.png

Interesting!  Good to know.  What about Better Grass, Custom Colors, and Connected Textures?  Separate install?

BTW:  I tried installing JUST MinecraftForge after this new information - Missing Leaves are not due to a conflict with above mentioned mods.  still happens.

Also, after a little testing, I discovered, that MinecraftForge appears to remove the color from the BetterGrass Side grass making it gray. 

I know it is not compatible to install MinecraftForge through MCPatcher, so I always install it afterwards, manually.

However, this problem has occurred without ANY mods except MinecraftForge.  Fresh download, Only install.  Still happens.

pet, we are 100% incompatible with mcpatcher. Do not use, at all, with minecraft forge. It does seriously funky things with the minecraft bytecodes. optifine is an advanced HD solution, fml supports basic HD compatibility.

Interesting!  Good to know.  What about Better Grass, Custom Colors, and Connected Textures?  Separate install?

BTW:  I tried installing JUST MinecraftForge after this new information - Missing Leaves are not due to a conflict with above mentioned mods.  still happens.

Also, after a little testing, I discovered, that MinecraftForge appears to remove the color from the BetterGrass Side grass making it gray. 

I am hoping that based on this post of his that he is trying it without mcpatcher, we hope anyway.

EDIT:  And as he just said, he is.  :)

So, can anyone else replicate this issue?  Need a testcase to be able to fix it.

Maybe it is somehow related to how I am performing the installation?

I got out my laptop,

deleted the .minecraft\bin folder entirely. 

downloaded a fresh vanilla minecraft.jar file,

downloaded the 118 version of MinecraftForge

Installed MinecraftForge

Started a new world, and it is doing the same thing.

To install it, I unpack the zip file

Open minecraft.jar in 7Zip

Drag contents of unpacked folder into minecraft.jar

- being careful not to drag it into a folder, but just into the base folder of the archive

then close all and enjoy.

Is that wrong?

Well, I performed another test this morning - with 118 - I Deleted the entire .minecraft directory.  Started with a fresh install of everything.  still happened

Performed the same test with 119 and problem does NOT happen.  whatever changes were made, fixed it.  Thanks everyone.