[1.7.10]lit_redstone_ore not added in oreDictionary, can't add it.

hotrods20

So, I have a tool that uses the ore dictionary to mine certain ores but Blocks.lit_redstone_ore isn't default in the ore dictionary. I tried adding it with,

OreDictionary.registerOre("oreRedstone", (Block)Blocks.lit_redstone_ore);

in my post initialization event but the game gave me the error,

java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.getItemDamage(ItemStack.java:265)

at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOreImpl(OreDictionary.java:454)

at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOre(OreDictionary.java:432)

at net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary.registerOre(OreDictionary.java:431)

at com.slothygaming.obsidiantools.ObsidianTools.postInit(ObsidianTools.java:112)

I'm not sure what it is referring to or if I can even fix it. Anyone able to help?

width=320 height=64http://www.slothygaming.com/img/ota.png[/img]

If your grammar is shit and you blatantly don't know what you're doing, I will not help you.

It's because, there is no item for lit_redstone_ore. So just use Blocks.redstone_ore instead.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

OreDictionary is mainly for crafting, so all blocks are converted to items when registered. Block lit_redstone_ore doesn't have a corresponding item. This caused the exception.

Maybe it's a mistake doing this by OreDictionary.

Author of Tao Land Mod.

width=200 height=69http://taoland.herbix.me/images/1/14/TaoLandLogo.png[/img]

Also, author of RenderTo

----

I'm not an English native speaker. I just try my best.

blockBeingMined.getItemDropped(int, Random, int)

and OreDict that instead?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I have to do it by ore dictionary because many other mods add their own ores and I can't account for every single mod. Using the ore dictionary simplifies this by getting ores registered to the ore dictionary and allows for custom ores to be added to my mod by adding them to a config file. I've decided of just making a special exception for lit_redstone_ore.

@Draco, yes, that's what I am doing.

width=320 height=64http://www.slothygaming.com/img/ota.png[/img]

If your grammar is shit and you blatantly don't know what you're doing, I will not help you.