Shift-clicking container discards items

McJty

There is an annoying bug in RFTools that I cannot reproduce in my dev env so it is somewhat hard to debug. But basically if people shift-click a stack of items into some of my containers (for which the slots only accept one item) then one item of the stack is inserted and the rest is lost. If I do it in my dev env then the items of the stack are nicely distributed to all available slots of the machine and the remainder goes somewhere in the player inventory. Nothing is lost. I'm at a loss as what I could be doing wrong. My transferStackInSlot implementation can be found here:

https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcjty/container/GenericContainer.java

Anyone who has any insight into what might be wrong?

Thanks!

To solve this issue, It is necessary to know what the container with the bug is and some screenshots for that.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

Well reproducing it is easy enough. Exactly like I did in the screenshot. Shift-click on a stack. In my dev environment the stack gets evenly distributed on the slots (like the second screenshot shows). In many modpacks however (like FTB Infinity) the first slot of the container gets one item and the rest of the stack is discared (lost).

Actually I found the problem. It is not a mod that is causing the issue. It is a mod that is 'FIXING' the issue. Apparently in my local dev env I have a CoFHlib that patches a bug in Minecraft's mergeItemStack() which apparently doesn't respect the maximum number of items in inventory slots. So in my dev env it was fixed because CoFHlib was fixing it. But apparently in some modpacks there is no CoFHlib or perhaps another version of CoFHlib which does not fix this. So I solved the issue by implementing the fix locally in my mod.

Thanks for helping though.