[1.7.10] Help I'm stuck. Literally!

Lecapria

I've added a pavement block to my mod, and theres 1 huge bug with it.

The pavement block is a half block in which makes you go faster when you run on it. It's amazing and my friends love it. Except for one huge problem. There's a random chance that you get STUCK IN the pavement. You can't move your head, jump, or walk, and it looks like youre a phone on vibrate or having a seizure. And it starts depleting your food bar at an alarming rate. Even in creative mod you get stuck and have to continue to try to fly over and over until you break free. Survival players have to log out and log back in. It seems to be more prominent when bunny-hopping

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)
    {
        par5Entity.motionX *= 1.15D;
        par5Entity.motionZ *= 1.15D;
    }

any ideas?

Try giving the speedboost only serverside, not clientside.

Also imagine this. Your speed is 1 you move at 1 block per tick. Suddenly your speed is 1.5 moving 1.5 blocks per tick. Client promply adjusts and puts you in the wall/block on the side. Server says. Hey. You cant be in a wall. Get out. Client says my speed is 1.5 im gonna put player to far again and so a tug o war happens between client and server.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood - Guybrush Treepwood

I wrote my own mod ish... still a few bugs to fix. http://thaumcraft.duckdns.org/downloads/MagicCookies-1.0.6.4.jar

i don't think i did it right... it doesn't look like im getting stuck anymore unless it just hasnt happened yet, but the internal server is nonresponsive. mobs dont move, and i cant punch them, and i cant pick up items

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World world, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)
    {
    	if(world.isRemote = true)
    	{
    	}
    }

false makes it crash on contact

i don't think i did it right... it doesn't look like im getting stuck anymore unless it just hasnt happened yet, but the internal server is nonresponsive. mobs dont move, and i cant punch them, and i cant pick up items

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World world, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)
    {
    	{
    	}
    }

false makes it crash on contact

Basic Java

You said:

You need to have two equal signs to compare two objects.

So it should be:

if(world.isRemote == true)

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

Uh oh. That is noobish code, learn Java. Use (!world.isRemote)

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/