entity texture while falling

Kinyoshi

In my chert craft mod I have a chert sand block that extends the sand block. I am using the unlimited texture file. I don't have internet on the computer im using, so can't post code. Everything works fine, except that when it falls it changes to the wood texture. There's no extra code, just a block that extends sand then code for the drop when destroyed and code for texture file.

How do i make it the chert sand texture when falling? And not the wood.

It works fine on the ML version.

Thats like almost exactly my problem, I have searched the code and have found that when the "sand" falls an entity is spawned which is called EntityFallingSand and that entity has a renderer which is called RenderFallingSand. In RenderFallingSand there is a line where it loads the normal terrain.png and it combines that with the (yourblock = new BlockYour(230, 0).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setHardness(3F).setResistance(1.0F).setBlockName("Yourblock");) number of the texture in the spreadsheet (where I assume you use one). The problem is obviously that the renderer uses the wrong .png, I have tried to make some sort of extend of RenderFallingSand where I overwrite the path to the texture but I have had no success because when I make such a Renderer I can't find a way to choose that renderer for my falling entity over the normal RenderFallingSand. I have started modding minecraft and coding java only a few days ago so I can't give you a solution, but at least you know what the problem (problably) is.

If you find a solution for this problem please inform me about it, it has been busting my head.

(Also I recommend calling this topic entity texture while falling, for it is an entity and not an item.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats like almost exactly my problem, I have searched the code and have found that when the "sand" falls an entity is spawned which is called EntityFallingSand and that entity has a renderer which is called RenderFallingSand. In RenderFallingSand there is a line where it loads the normal terrain.png and it combines that with the (yourblock = new BlockYour(230, 0).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setHardness(3F).setResistance(1.0F).setBlockName("Yourblock");) number of the texture in the spreadsheet (where I assume you use one). The problem is obviously that the renderer uses the wrong .png, I have tried to make some sort of extend of RenderFallingSand where I overwrite the path to the texture but I have had no success because when I make such a Renderer I can't find a way to choose that renderer for my falling entity over the normal RenderFallingSand. I have started modding minecraft and coding java only a few days ago so I can't give you a solution, but at least you know what the problem (problably) is.

If you find a solution for this problem please inform me about it, it has been busting my head.

(Also I recommend calling this topic entity texture while falling, for it is an entity and not an item.)

Thanks for the help. I'll be working on this when I get home from work today.