Access restrictions with Forge?

ianc1215

I was wondering if there are any access restrictions built into Forge / FML that would throw anything similar to a SecurityException. If I wanted to connect to an external resource on a remote port by opening a new socket would Forge stop me?

“Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Looking to build a small monitoring tool that would send heartbeats from the server to a small application for logging. My idea what to make a small mod that started up with the server and opened a connection the server on the loopback address of the server. Like I said just a simple monitoring application nothing more nothing less.

“Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

The only reason I am looking into a way to use forge in my concept is so I can make it part of the server. But since I am wanting to send pings to a destination other than the minecraft server or the minecraft client the only way I can think to do so is to open a network socket on the localhost for communication. Most of the other code will sit on it own thread to try and not interfere with the game as much as possible.

In essence the idea would be no more dangerous than the update checkers that come with numerous mods. The would just sends a pong when the outside app sends a ping.