[1.7.10] How to Override Method in RenderBiped? [Help Needed]

gendeathrow

I am looking at Overriding / Changing the way:

net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderBiped.getArmorResource(Entity entity, ItemStack stack, int slot, String type)

is used. I do not want to edit vanilla files as I want this to be compatible with other mods. All I want to do though is to instead creating a ResourceLocation , be able to just have it get a ResourceLocation from my item. This would only trigger if the item is my item. I don't want to release too much information at this moment on why I need it. I just need it. No method is off limits as long as its not editing base files. 

I wasn't sure if there was a way to just replace the render biped file all together or not. My entire mod idea is based off this one thing. And if its possible I can get started on this and will than release more on the idea.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Overriding getArmorTexture isn't what I want to do. getArmorTexture returns a String and getArmorResource takes that string and turns it into a ResourceLocation.

I want to Pass a Resourcelocation from getArmorTexture to getArmorResource. I am creating a Buffered Image and want to pass it to get rendered.

So I technically need to override getArmorResource to accept ResourceLocation, but to do that I have to change a vanilla file. And I was hoping there is some unknown forgehook I can do that with, Or Possibly Reflections to change it. Which I am trying to research it atm.

I believe I figured out what to do.. Thanks for sending me on a search after your last post about the ResourceLocation. It still didn't do what I wanted it to do, but I think I can custom load the texture with texture manager and move it to the correct location... When I try this, I will post what I had done and if it worked or not.

I got it figured out. now I need to figure out how to get the icon image from a dynamic image.

Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine.loadTexture(resourcelocation, dynamicTexture);

I used the above function to create my own custom resourcelocation and link it to the dynamic texture.. than vanilla minecraft reads it normally. I appreciate the help to make me think harder about it.. sometimes you have to just bounce ideas off ppl.