Eclipse wont open the minecraft project.

_Bobobot_

I installed forge following these instructions:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Installation/Source

However, when I open eclipse, and point the workspace folder to "forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-src\eclipse", I only see this:

GC0ctu0.png

The \eclipse folder only contains a .metadata folder, which then contains these files:

2mDg09p.png

After trying to do a troubleshoot myself, I found out that the whole forge folder does not contain any of the decompiled minecraft files. After searching a bit, I found them in a tmp folder which suggests to me that those files were only meant to be temporary.

In the folder "forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-src\build\tmp\expandedArchives" I found these two folders, which then contained the source files of minecraft (at least I think they did).

So my idea is that gradlew can not copy those files to the right place, or something similar. I'm not an expert in this, so it is of course possible that I'm completely wrong.

Could anyone help me please?

I'm not sure what I did wrong then. Let my write down the steps I went through.

I downloaded the 1.7.10 latest src from here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

After that, I extracted the downloaded package, went into the extracted folder, and opened a command prompt there.

Then, I wrote in "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies", and after it completed, I typed in "gradlew eclipse".

After that, I opened eclipse, pointed the workspace to the eclipse folder in the extracted forge folder, and then I got that error.

Am I doing something wrong?

I tried it again and again countless times, still no luck.

The weird thing is, that the wiki say the process might take up to 10 minutes, but for me it only takes about half a minute.

This is how my cmd window looks after running the command you suggested:

8yHtcNM.png

It say SKIPPED for a lot of things, that might be a problem, I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...