[1.7.10] Recipe remover mod

Roboguy99

I want to make a tiny mod which allows you to put a list of IDs (or probably a new system thanks to 1.7) into a config file and then removes the recipe from the game. I'd also really like this to work with mods. How do I set up a config file and how can I remove both vanilla and mod recipes? Any help is appreciated.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

package com.draco18s.hardlib;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Map;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.CraftingManager;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.FurnaceRecipes;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.IRecipe;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.ShapedRecipes;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.ShapelessRecipes;

public class RecipesUtil {
public static void RemoveRecipe(Item resultItem, int stacksize, int meta, String modID) {
	ItemStack resultStack = new ItemStack(resultItem, stacksize, meta);
	ItemStack recipeResult = null;
	ArrayList recipes = (ArrayList) CraftingManager.getInstance().getRecipeList();
	for (int scan = 0; scan < recipes.size(); scan++) {
		 IRecipe tmpRecipe = (IRecipe) recipes.get(scan);
		 if (tmpRecipe instanceof ShapedRecipes) {
			 ShapedRecipes recipe = (ShapedRecipes)tmpRecipe;
			 recipeResult = recipe.getRecipeOutput();
		 }
		 if (tmpRecipe instanceof ShapelessRecipes) {
			 ShapelessRecipes recipe = (ShapelessRecipes)tmpRecipe;
		 }
		 if (ItemStack.areItemStacksEqual(resultStack, recipeResult)) {
			 System.out.println(modID + " Removed Recipe: " + recipes.get(scan) + " -> " + recipeResult);
			 recipes.remove(scan);
		 }
	}
}

public static void RemoveSmelting(Item resultItem, int stacksize, int meta, String modID) {
	Map recipes = FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingList();
		 ItemStack tmpRecipe = (ItemStack) recipes.get(scan);
			 System.out.println(modID + " Removed Smelting: " + recipes.get(scan) + " -> " + recipeResult);
			 recipes.remove(scan);
		 }
	}
}
}

Removes a crafting or smelting recipe that has a result of the given item, stacksize, and metadata.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

package com.draco18s.hardlib;

import java.util.Map;

import net.minecraft.item.crafting.FurnaceRecipes;

public class RecipesUtil {
public static void RemoveRecipe(Item resultItem, int stacksize, int meta, String modID) {
	ArrayList recipes = (ArrayList) CraftingManager.getInstance().getRecipeList();
		 IRecipe tmpRecipe = (IRecipe) recipes.get(scan);
		 }
		 if (tmpRecipe instanceof ShapelessRecipes) {
		 }
			 System.out.println(modID + " Removed Recipe: " + recipes.get(scan) + " -> " + recipeResult);
			 recipes.remove(scan);
		 }
	}
}

public static void RemoveSmelting(Item resultItem, int stacksize, int meta, String modID) {
	Map recipes = FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingList();
		 ItemStack tmpRecipe = (ItemStack) recipes.get(scan);
			 System.out.println(modID + " Removed Smelting: " + recipes.get(scan) + " -> " + recipeResult);
			 recipes.remove(scan);
		 }
	}
}
}

Removes a crafting or smelting recipe that has a result of the given item, stacksize, and metadata.

Ok thanks. I can probably get a config system working if I look into it (completely new to config files at the moment). Can I still use IDs to remove recipes?

Ok so what do I use instead now, especially because I want this to be universal and support all mods?

Use textual IDs in the form of "minecraft:stone" / "modid:item".
Also, I'm not copying any code (or did you mean you did?)

It was directed at Draco who just threw a wall of code into his post as an "answer".

Ok thanks I should be able to get this to work now, assuming I can figure out how to have an array in a config file (I assume it can't be that hard). Thanks for the help and I'll report back if I need more.

EDIT: I can just use a string config and split it into an array.

Config files support arrays already.

config.get(String category, String key, String[] defaultValues)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Config arrays are a little weird.  Essentially yes, but I'd suggest having a config option you don't use that contains 3 values so there's an example of the correct syntax.  I'm pretty sure the whitespace Forge adds isn't required, but it does format nicely.

Config arrays are a little weird.  Essentially yes, but I'd suggest having a config option you don't use that contains 3 values so there's an example of the correct syntax.  I'm pretty sure the whitespace Forge adds isn't required, but it does format nicely.

Ok I've managed to get the config file working and I have each string from inside of it readily available, and I've got the code to remove the recipe, my problem now is getting the string array from the config file and locating the block associated with it. I'm not really sure how to do this.

You should probably only use Items, since Blocks cannot be crafted, only Items.

(Item) Item.itemRegistry.getObject(<name>)

does the same for Items.

Ok thanks. I think I've got that working. 1 last thing though (hopefully) - I'm a bit confused with getting the itemstack to compare the stacks. I've got the item using the method you put above but I don't know how to properly compare the stacks. Here is my method:

private void removeRecipes(String toDelete)
  {
  ArrayList<?> defaultRecipes = (ArrayList<?>) CraftingManager.getInstance().getRecipeList();
  ItemStack	resultStack = new ItemStack((Item)Item.itemRegistry.getObject(toDelete));

for (int scan = 0; scan < defaultRecipes.size(); scan++) 
  {
	 IRecipe tmpRecipe = (IRecipe) defaultRecipes.get(scan);
	 }
	 if (tmpRecipe instanceof ShapelessRecipes) 
	 {
	 }
	 if (ItemStack.areItemStacksEqual(resultStack, recipeResult)) 
	 {
		 System.out.println("Recipe Remover -  Removed Recipe: " + defaultRecipes.get(scan) + " -> " + recipeResult);
		 defaultRecipes.remove(scan);
	 }
 }
  }

ItemStack.areItemStacksEqual(resultStack, recipeResult)

should compare the two stacks.  What seems to be the problem?

Keep in mind that you have to set the resultStack stackSize and ItemDamage as well, otherwise it won't see the two stacks as equal (think about crafting torches: the result isn't 1 torch, it's 4!).

ItemStack.areItemStacksEqual(resultStack, recipeResult)

should compare the two stacks.  What seems to be the problem?

Keep in mind that you have to set the resultStack stackSize and ItemDamage as well, otherwise it won't see the two stacks as equal (think about crafting torches: the result isn't 1 torch, it's 4!).

Well my code (I've included the entire class below) outputs nothing and doesn't disable the recipe. I've also placed the config file below.

Code:

package roboguy99.foodTech;

import net.minecraftforge.common.config.Configuration;
import net.minecraftforge.common.config.Property;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;

@Mod(modid="RecipeRemover", name="Recipe Remover", version="1.1")
public class RecipeRemover
{
  Configuration config;
  private static final String[] DEFAULT_RECIPE_LIST = {"minecraft:stone", "modid:item"};

@EventHandler
  public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent e)
  {
    Configuration config = new Configuration(e.getSuggestedConfigurationFile());

config.load();
    	Property recipeList = config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "disabledRecipes", DEFAULT_RECIPE_LIST);
    	String[] recipeListS = recipeList.getStringList();
    	recipeList.comment = "Place the block ID on each separate line";
    config.save();

for(int i = 0; i < recipeListS.length; i++)
    {
    	this.removeRecipes(recipeListS[i]);
    }
  }

private void removeRecipes(String toDelete)
  {
  ArrayList<?> defaultRecipes = (ArrayList<?>) CraftingManager.getInstance().getRecipeList();
  ItemStack	resultStack = new ItemStack((Item) Item.itemRegistry.getObject(toDelete));

resultStack.stackSize = 1;
  resultStack.setItemDamage(0);

for (int scan = 0; scan < defaultRecipes.size(); scan++) 
  {
	 IRecipe tmpRecipe = (IRecipe) defaultRecipes.get(scan);

recipeResult.stackSize = 1;
		 recipeResult.setItemDamage(0);
	 }
	 if (tmpRecipe instanceof ShapelessRecipes) 
	 {

recipeResult.stackSize = 1;
		 recipeResult.setItemDamage(0);
	 }
	 if (ItemStack.areItemStacksEqual(resultStack, recipeResult)) 
	 {
		 System.out.println("Recipe Remover -  Removed Recipe: " + defaultRecipes.get(scan) + " -> " + recipeResult);
		 defaultRecipes.remove(scan);
	 }
 }
  }
}

Config:

# Configuration file

general {

# Place the block ID on each separate line

S:disabledRecipes <

minecraft:crafting_table

>

}

Start adding system.out lines to figure out what the program is doing and narrow down the line that isn't doing what you expect.

Start adding system.out lines to figure out what the program is doing and narrow down the line that isn't doing what you expect.

Hmmm... resultStack is set to 1xtile.workbench@0, as expected. recipeResult is set to 1xitem.dyePowder@0. That's obviously not correct.

At what point in the program are you getting that?  And it is correct for some points in the program: 1xitem.dyePowder@0 is a recipe result in the recipes list.

At what point in the program are you getting that?  And it is correct for some points in the program: 1xitem.dyePowder@0 is a recipe result in the recipes list.

I put a print line in the beginning of the loop and at the end of every if statement. Only the ones in the loop are visible (either they're so dominant there is no room for the if statement ones or the ifs are returning false). I get spammed with the same result from the loop every time.

At least 1 part is working.

I get spammed with the same result from the loop every time.

That sounds like your loop isn't....looping.