[1.7.10]ModelPlayer:add new move.

Microcellule

Hi guys !

Well, i look everywhere, but i didn't find anything who can help me with this problem.

I would like to know if this is possible to add new animation/movement to the ModelPlayer, like dance animation, or sitting in the lotus's posture.

I think i should do something with  the RenderPlayerEvent, but I don't know how to do whith this event. Maybe i need to  create my own model and replace the old ?

I don't know very well how it work ;)

I'm looking for some wise advice.

Thanks for reading (and sorry for my bad English  ;D')

Yes, use this event. Notice this event has sub-events, Pre and Post.

Basically what you want to do is to make some server-side action, that on "do this action" will send packet to all clients to launch RenderPlayerEvent.Pre and cancel standard rendering - you will have to remove parts of body you want to animate, you can also remove whole model and add everything from scratch, and then re-add them in RenderPlayerEvent.Post and animate your way.

To store custom values like isDancing boolean use IExtendedEntityProperties (and there operate with packets said before).

Unless you want it to be just client side, but then others won't see it.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

In most cases Forge makes everything compatible, but I don't think (and don't know really) if rendering is one of them.

I think that up to the point you are making something render on top of vanilla model all mods that do the same will work (like 2 differend armour-mods would actually work together when rendering armour parts). But when you are making a Troll Model from Human (Steve) then, well... just think.

Only way to keep everything together would be writing an API that you would have to personally hook into other mods, or other way around. And that's what PlayerAPI does (have look at it).

I used it a very damn long time ago (like 1.3 or so, and was able to make different player model for Smart Moving mod, but thats super old, before events even existed, before anything regarding advanced rendering existed).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.