Is there anyway to check if a block is right-clicked with a specific item?

telinc1

Doesn't the onBlockActivated method take an ItemStack? If so, you can check for the item id and damage and there is your item.

I think it does, actually.

Or if it doesn't, a cheap solution would be setting the block to ID 0 (Air) and spawning EntityPrimedTNT with a fuse lenght of 0 in the location of the block. I do think that this will work.

Doesn't the onBlockActivated method take an ItemStack? If so, you can check for the item id and damage and there is your item.

Nope, but it gives you the player instance, so you can check which item the player is holding when called that method, like this:

public boolean onBlockActivated(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, EntityPlayer par5EntityPlayer, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9) {
ItemStack heldItem = par5EntityPlayer.getCurrentEquippedItem();
if(heldItem != null && heldItem.isItemEqual(YOUR_ITEM_STACK)) {
	// YOUR CODE HERE
	return true;
}
return false;
}

YOUR_ITEM_STACK can be for example:

new ItemStack(Block.cloth.blockID, 1, 5)

for the light green wool.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.