Eclipse Says, "Could not find or load main class GradleStart"

Draco18s

Yeah, I have no idea what's wrong.

The only other thread I found relating to this was someone who was trying to install Forge into Minecraft and Minecraft would crash with that error.

Me?  That's the only thing in Eclipse's console when I try to run the project.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Do you mean setupDevWorkspace?

Nothing I was reading on getting setup used DecompWorkspace.  Or...an "eclipse ForgeGradle" command.  Not sure how I'm supposed to run that one.

Anyway, running setupDevWorkspace (and setupDecompWorkspace) didn't help.

I'm also annoyed that none of the vanilla classes have "attached source or attached Javadoc."  I used the vanilla source to figure out how to do so many things back in 1.6 and I was pretty sure this was one of the things that was "going to be provided, but not yet available" back when ForgeGradle was new.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Did you run

gradlew eclipse

setupDecompWorkspace gives you the source, while Dev doesn't. (http://prntscr.com/4ti9oi straight from running the command 'gradlew tasks' -  as you can see, setupDecompWorkspace does CI + Dev + source).

Running gradlew eclipse "generates all Eclipse files".

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP READ THE EAQ!

I'll help if I can. Apologies if I do something obviously stupid. :D

If you don't know basic Java yet, go and follow these tutorials.

Yes I ran gradlew eclipse.  Even re-ran it.

And no, it still doesn't work.

And even after setupDecompWorkspace I don't have javadoc/sourcefiles.

Was in the middle of a post, and trying a fresh install (around half done), when my computer abruptly shut down so hard and fast Firefox lost all my open tabs (including recently closed history).

Download Forge Src, unzip, run gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse, point Eclipse to the "eclipse" folder.

Are those the steps you did?

Not quite.

Download Forge Src, unzip, run gradlew setupDevWorkspace, run gradlew eclipse, point Eclipse at the "eclipse" folder, try to run the game, start this thread, try suggestions in the first reply (run gradlew setupDecompWorkspace, run gradlew eclipse), still have issues, make my last post.

I did the commands separately, as that's what Forege's README says, as well as recalling issues from the early days when piping the two commands would cause it to fail.

To install this source code for development purposes, extract this zip file.

It ships with a demonstration mod. Run 'gradlew setupDevWorkspace' to create

a gradle environment primed with FML. Run 'gradlew eclipse' or 'gradlew idea' to

create an IDE workspace of your choice.

Note that 'setupDecompWorkspace' is not mentioned in the readme itself.

For shits and giggles, I'm in the process of starting over (as I'm on a different machine).

Download Forge Src, unzip, run gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse, point Eclipse to the "eclipse" folder.

Start Eclipse, click play button....

(...Saving post...)

Ok that worked.  I'll have to poke at my home machine tomorrow (busy tonight) and see what the difference is.

OK I figure out what the problem is, not sure what I need to do to fix it.

Apparently, my JAVA_HOME variable doesn't point to the JDK (which I do have installed).  Not sure where I need to point things.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'll mess with it again, but when I tried pointing it at "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45" (this is my work computer, but the version number looks the same) it still failed with the same error.

Edit:

For extra WTF, my work machine (where I was able to successfully install Forge) does not have a JAVA_HOME environment variable:

java.png

o..O

• 5 months later...

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'll mess with it again, but when I tried pointing it at "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45" (this is my work computer, but the version number looks the same) it still failed with the same error.

Edit:

For extra WTF, my work machine (where I was able to successfully install Forge) does not have a JAVA_HOME environment variable:

java.png

o..O

My JAVA_HOME variable is under the 'System variables', so maybe your JAVA_HOME is there as well.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/