Container item doesn't display 'lore' after being crafted with

ilan321

Hello, I am making a transmutation stone. It has a limited number of uses (stored in nbt). I have subscribed to the ItemCrafted event, and I can assign NBT to the item and have it display the 'lore' - being the number of uses. When the item is crafted, it shows the uses ('Uses: 128', etc). However, after crafting with the item (for example, the stone + 1 gold ingot = 4 iron ingot), it does not display any of the information.

The addInformation method: 

@Override
    public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, EntityPlayer player,
                               List list, boolean par4)
    {
        if (stack.stackTagCompound != null)
        {
            String owner = stack.stackTagCompound.getString("owner");
            Integer uses = stack.stackTagCompound.getInteger("uses");
            list.add("Owner: " + owner);
            if (uses > 95)
            {
                list.add("Uses: " + EnumChatFormatting.GREEN + uses);
            }
            if ((uses > 63) && (uses < 96))
            {
                list.add("Uses: " + EnumChatFormatting.YELLOW + uses);
            }
            if ((uses < 64) && (uses > 2))
            {
                list.add("Uses: " + EnumChatFormatting.RED + uses);
            }
            if (uses.equals(1))
            {
                list.add("Uses: " + EnumChatFormatting.DARK_RED + uses);
            }
        }
    }

The code for the itemcrafted event:

for (int i = 0; i < e.craftMatrix.getSizeInventory(); i++)
        {
            if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i) != null)
            {
                if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).getItem() == Transmutation.bStone)
                {
                    if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound != null)
                    {
                        e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound.setInteger("uses", (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound.getInteger("uses") - 1));
                        if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound.getInteger("uses") < 1)
                        {
                            e.craftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(i, null);
                            return;
                        }
                    }
                    return;
                }
            }
        }

How can I reassign the extra info after the item is crafted with?

I see, so you're telling it function like a bucket. But doesn't a bucket full of milk in a crafting recipe return an empty bucket? I think that is what is happening to your stone, you change the lore in the crafting table but since it's a container the crafting thing returns a new instance of the stone instead of one with lore. Maybe instead of having the stone be a container item, check to see if the stone was used in the recipe and if it was insert a new stone into the player's inventory with with one less use. I tried that myself with your code and it seemed to work fine.

edit: I wanted to avoid posting code but I may as well before I remove it. It's better if you try to follow the description and try to implement it yourself but if you're stumped on that:

@SubscribeEvent
public void onItemCraftEvent(ItemCraftedEvent e) {
	for (int i = 0; i < e.craftMatrix.getSizeInventory(); i++)
	{
		if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i) != null)
		{
			if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).getItem() == SuperCool.superItem) //my item
			{
				if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound != null)
				{
					e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound.setInteger("uses", (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound.getInteger("uses") - 1));
					ItemStack superItem = e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i); //stores the item with lore for future use
					if (e.craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i).stackTagCompound.getInteger("uses") < 1)
					{
						e.craftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(i, null);
					}else{
						InventoryPlayer inv = e.player.inventory; //no need for this, just wanted code to be more readable
						boolean placedItem = false;
                                                        //finds first empty slot, inserts the item with lore. 
						for (int j = 0; j < inv.getSizeInventory() && !placedItem; j++){
							if(inv.getStackInSlot(j) == null){
								inv.addItemStackToInventory(superItem);
								placedItem = true;
								e.player.inventory = inv;
							}
						}
						if(!placedItem) e.player.dropItem(superItem.getItem(), 1); //if all slots were full, drops item with lore on the ground
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

I think I found it, I have to override the onCraft method and set the slot contents manually. I'll test soon, I'm not home either :P

Edit: never mind, that was a method for an old version of Forge (it used ICraftingHandler). I tried removing the isContainer method and placing the transmutation stone in the crafting grid during the ItemCrafted event but it just disappears.