Cofh/RedstoneFlux api

shadoskill

I am trying to create a mod that will convert EU to RF, I know it can get unbalanced its for personal use. I can get my block to accept ic2 EU and store it just fine. I can get RF Cables from EnderIO to connect to my block, but I cant get it to output RF.

Is there any form of tutorial for RF api that I could get a link to?

This is my TileEntity

http://pastebin.com/fmgN2KvS

If its a case of me doing something wrong please let me know, its my first time working with mod api's :/

Please read javadoc on IEnergyHandler. It's written pretty well.

In particular extractEnergy/receiveEnergy should return the amount of energy being transferred out/in. And you're returning 0 from extractEnergy. No wonder you're getting no RF output.

Please also note that EU and RF aren't 1:1. AFAIK the ratio is usually 4 EU to 10 RF.

Please read javadoc on IEnergyHandler. It's written pretty well.

In particular extractEnergy/receiveEnergy should return the amount of energy being transferred out/in. And you're returning 0 from extractEnergy. No wonder you're getting no RF output.

Please also note that EU and RF aren't 1:1. AFAIK the ratio is usually 4 EU to 10 RF.

Iv tried a number of things, returning anything for extractEnergy dosen't change anything.

As for the javadoc, unless this is what you are speaking of.

/**
 * Remove energy from an IEnergyHandler, internal distribution is left entirely to the IEnergyHandler.
 * @param from
 *            Orientation the energy is extracted from.
 * @param maxExtract
 *            Maximum amount of energy to extract.
 * @param simulate
 *            If TRUE, the extraction will only be simulated.
 * @return Amount of energy that was (or would have been, if simulated) extracted.
 */

That doesn't help much at all, sure I understand what each one does but I can't get anything to output.