[1.7.10 / 1180] ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad not caching chunks

Maine

While working on our mod, I noticed that our custom Entity would be constantly re-read (readEntityFromNBT), even while nothing significant was occurring.

After further analysis, I discovered that the same chunks were being constantly re-loaded - every frame, but never unloaded.  Chunks loaded with ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad are not added to the ChunkProviderServer's loadedChunkHashMap, which can cause them to be loaded repeatedly (with a ChunkEvent.Load each time) and never trigger a ChunkEvent.Unload.

This is silent behavior, so there is nothing useful in logs.

Read EAQ please : this part of the forum is for support of users, not for developers. Use proper section instead.

I did read the EAQ.  This is a potential bug with Forge.  I am not looking for help with the code.

Why would the forum be called "Support and Bug Reports", it's why would it's EAQ cover writing bug reports, if bug reports are not appropriate for this forum?

Just because it was discovered by analyzing the code rather than a crash report should not affect where it is reported.

Are you even a moderator here, or just trying to play at one and acting superior to others?

From what you're describing, this seems like a problem itself with Forge - I suggest you make an Issue regarding this here.

Thanks shieldbug, I went looking for it last night, but I was tired after a long day of work and reproducing the issue, and only gave it a half hearted try to find it.

Issue entered:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/1429

The billion dollar question EVERYBODY forgot to ask: Does this issue persist in Forge 1217?

@sen-mithrarin, if you want to play moderator, I recommend you read the EAQ AND the issue description first.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

This may be a false positive, caused by breakpoints, Minecraft auto-pausing when tabbed out by breakpoints, and timing.

After further tracing the code, I do see that the chunk is - momentarily - added to the loaded chunk map, and am now seeing Unload events.