[Solved]Teleport Sign or something like that?

penticrack

Hi everyone,

is there i mod usable in forge, like the Teleport sign. It don´t have to be craftable, only OP should set it. If a Player right click, he should teleport to location.

In Craftbukkit, there are portals to teleport to locations. But i cant´t find some mod for forge. Maybe i have a problem with my eyes, is there some similar mod?

mod Post in Minecraftforum.net -> http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/985375-132grims-mods-updates/

Teleport Signs for 1.2.5

https://sites.google.com/site/grimsmods/individual-mods/sign-mods

Thanx for reading.

Regards, Penti

Edit:

DarkGuardsman was the hero who made the request true :)

Updated http://calclavia.com/forum/index.php/topic,135.0.html

Added actual sign teleporter for those that don't want floor teleporter. Also balanced them a little to kill or damage a player if no exit pad is found. 50% chance to fail 10% chance to kill and %50 chance to do 10 damage

i need it for a private server. it would be great if u can do this. but there is no need to hurry.

what do u mean with worth?

I was seeing how badly you wanted it but i was going to make it anyways. Also you want it as a forge mod and not a bukkit mod right? And anything special you want about it and also it will not be a sign i'll make it look nicer :) Maybe a totem or teleport stone.

@Zedicus

I'll run it as Vanila/forge . Bukkit has already teleport Gates.

@DarkGuardsman

Yeah, that would be nice.

Special? Uhm, teleporting to another World like Multiverse :)

Nope nothing special, for me its enough to teleport to coordinates.

Thx all 4 help

Did other world automatically though you have to find there ID # which if i'm not wrong is 0 for world 1 for Nether 2 for End. I'll add a tool later to auto collect that info your you. Also i'm about done expect a release sometime this week, i just have to test it at long range and add renders. Short range works just fine as well as GUI, I also recycled code i wrote for GreaterSecurity so you can control who can use the teleporter. I'll add a button to use the list as a ban list for public portals.

Thank you very much! With Worlds i meant not The End nor Nether, i meant another Map, new generated World :) But it was a joke.

Hehe recycling code. Im a Coder in IT environments :) I use same methods. May be i should learn to code forge mods.

Its not too hard to mod its just getting use to how Notch coded MC that take a bit of time to learn. I think Notch and his code team spent more time hiding code than fixing it.

Edit: Almost forgot this http://calclavia.com/forum/index.php/topic,135.msg679.html#msg679 <- First version is done with just a basic teleporter pad. On right click it will tp you to the target location on shift right click it opens the GUI. It also will lock to your user name for setting and the user list for teleporting. I'll add some more setting to the GUI when i reorganize it later today. Also for setting avoid telelporting between worlds, so far there is a 50% chance you actual make it alive, and 70% chance the area will be unloaded and you fall threw the map.

Aww, Dark, I've been looking for something just like this! Thanks, I can use this to get around between millenaire villages. And the requirement for blaze powder makes it a bit of a hassle to get, which balances it nicely enough! :)

Perhaps you could make the chunk that a sign is placed in stay loaded, so people either use them sparingly or just to fix a few of those bugs. :o Assuming that can be done easily across dimensions. (I know nothing))

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

Aww, Dark, I've been looking for something just like this! Thanks, I can use this to get around between millenaire villages. And the requirement for blaze powder makes it a bit of a hassle to get, which balances it nicely enough! :)

Perhaps you could make the chunk that a sign is placed in stay loaded, so people either use them sparingly or just to fix a few of those bugs. :o Assuming that can be done easily across dimensions. (I know nothing))

Your welcome, and i'm actual going to balance it a bit more. My bro's class has already started using them to teleport into peoples vaults. So you might see later a need to have a exit teleport pad to reduce the change of death. Also trying to force the chunk to load before the teleport, it works half the time. Another thing i'm working on version of the teleporter that works like Diablo3 Town Portals. It will contain a list of Portals and on right click will open a gui where you can select a portal instead of finding the coords yourself.

Sounds excellent. Keep up the great work. I've been looking for a simple teleportation mod, as a lot of people on the MCF have as well. People have to resort to the bigger mods, such as IC2 and Thaumcraft for such things normally, or resort to things that have little to no balance.

Again, keep it up. This sounds an instant hit to me for those who know about it. Also, do those 50%-70% chances go strictly for teleporting to other dimensions, or does it also apply to unloaded chunks in the dimension you're currently in as well? Either way, I'll play around with it and see how it all works out. :)

EDIT: Seems to be working fine within the same dimension for me. And it's fine after a minute when you teleport somewhere really, really far away. And if it's a chunk that was loaded once before, it doesn't generally to seem to have a problem. I'll do some more tests soon. :D

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

Added actual sign teleporter for those that don't want floor teleporter. Also balanced them a little to kill or damage a player if no exit pad is found. 50% chance to fail 10% chance to kill and %50 chance to do 10 damage

Thank you very much!!! This is gr8 ! To me and the MCP Community!

Regards Penti