[Solved]Get Dimension name from client

DjGiannuzz

Hi all,

I have to draw in a Gui the name of a dimension having only the dimensionId.

On the server i just do DimensionManager.getWorld(dimensionId).provider.getDimensionName(), but if I call it from the client it will obviously crash the client.

So, anyone know a method to get the provider(or directly the name) of a dimension having the dimensionID?

• Like 1

I know, but I need only the Name of the dimension. I'm quite sure that is saved somewhere in the client, i would like to know where..

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is to send a packet from the server to the client with all dimension name and is respective dimensionId when the world loads.

You need to use packets. I would send a packet to the server with the dimensionId, on the server, use

WorldServer.getServer().worldServers[dimensionId].provider.getDimensionName()

to get the name, and then send a new packet back as a reply containing the name.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

You don't necessarily need packets. When your GUI is opened the first time create a Map<Integer, String> that maps dimensionId to Dimension name. Then loop through DimensionManager.getStaticDimensionIDs, which gives you all registered dimensions. For each Dimension create a temporary WorldProvider with DimensionManager.createProviderFor(dimension) and get the name from that.

You only need to do this once, when your Gui is opened a 2nd time you can re-use the cached Map.

THAT is what I was looking for. Thank you!