[1.7.10] [UNSOLVED] Structure Components not working

Bektor

Hello,

after a small explaination of how the Structure Component are working (by the creator of the gravestone mod) I created a small Structure Component, but its still not working. So can anyone tell me, whats wrong, that its not spawning?

Here is the code: https://bitbucket.org/MinecraftPlaye/test/overview

I'm using Forge 1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.

Bektor

Developer of Primeval Forest.

First of all I don't think you realize that the x and z coordinates you get in your IWorldGenerator are chunk coordinates. You'll have to multiply by 16 to get block coordinates. Then in your Temple class you never use the coordinates passed in. Instead you create a bounding box starting at 0,0,0.

This will not work, too and there is no class called temple, only a package. And in the explaination I got, there was explained that I need to create a bounding box and inside of this bounding box the blocks were placed, so everything outside of the bounding box will not be placed.

I looked at the code and as far as I can see diesieben is correct. You're temple (which is a hallway from the looks of things), will generate at the deepest depths of the overworld. You'd have to dig down to bedrock to see anything.

I looked at the code and as far as I can see diesieben is correct. You're temple (which is a hallway from the looks of things), will generate at the deepest depths of the overworld. You'd have to dig down to bedrock to see anything.

I looked there, in an radius of 30 blocks from my debug message with the coords, there is nothing! So I have no clue why its not working.

Start putting debug log output in the different methods that are called and the ones they call, etc. (The most important place is where it eventually calls setBlock...). That would get you a decent trace through your logic.

Alternatively, run in debug mode, break point on your StructureGenerator, and single-step through the code.

Start putting debug log output in the different methods that are called and the ones they call, etc. (The most important place is where it eventually calls setBlock...). That would get you a decent trace through your logic.

Alternatively, run in debug mode, break point on your StructureGenerator, and single-step through the code.

Ok. I added now a few debug messages (one in the constructor of the structure and one under the method were the blocks are placed...). Well, all debug messages are called, at first the generating code from IWorldGenerator, then the Constructor or the Corridor and then the addComponentParts method from the Corridor where the blocks should be placed with the methods fillWithAir and fillWithBlocks... (both are methods from the class Structure Component that is by Mojang and this methods are used for the village components, too).

So the methods are called, but the blocks won't be placed. :(