Displaying world time in a MM:HH format [SOLVED] [1.7.10]

TheEpicTekkit

Okay, so I am trying to display the world time in a gui, and I know that I can get the world time with world.getWorldTime()

But I want to display the time in a HH:MM format. Now I know that an hour in mc is 1000 ticks, so I just devide the time by 1000 to get the hour, and I have a simple if statement to put a 0 on the front if it is less than 10 (if it is a single digit), now I am struggling with the MM bit though, I do know that one minute in mc is 16.666666667 ticks (after some calculations) and so I can also display that after the ":" and it looks fine up until it goes past 00:59, when it passes that point it is 01:60, then 01:61, then 01:62  etc, you get the point, I want it to go back to 0 after an hour has passed, and I have tried doing this by:

if (time >= 60) {
time == 0;
}

but the problem with that, is that it stays at 0. it doesn't tick up again.

Also, I have noticed that minecrafts time system doesn't reset back to 0 after 23999 ticks, it goes on past 24000. And this is kind of a problem for my solar panel, because it checks if the time is > 0, and < 12000 it is day, and can generate, and if the time >= 12000 and less than 24000 and there is a lunar upgrade it can generate. and so this only works for the first mc day, or untill I relog the world.

What can I do?

Thanks.

I ask complicated questions, and apparently like to write really long detailed posts. But I also help others when I can.

public static int getWorldMinutes(World world) {
        int time = (int) Math.abs((world.getWorldTime() + 6000) % 24000);
        return (time % 1000) * 6 / 100;
    }

public static int getWorldHours(World world) {
        int time = (int)Math.abs((world.getWorldTime()+ 6000) % 24000);
        return (int)((float)time / 1000F);
    }

Can I please have a bit of explanation? I understand half of it, I sort of understand the % symbol, cant remember what it is called, but doesn't it check if a number is a multiple of another number? not entirely sure though, and I don't know what Math.abs(arg1); does though.

I ask complicated questions, and apparently like to write really long detailed posts. But I also help others when I can.