Help Plz!! Need a legit download page for forge and help with installation.

cd3707

I am a mom trying to help my 8 year old download forge and pixelmon. Have no idea how to do this! Been trying to figure it out for over two hours now. Been trying to find a legit download for forge and pixelmon that is not that complicated for me! Everything I find keeps trying to download ads and installers to my computer. Please help me! He has been begging me for this for awhile now.

Thanks in advance!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

She is most likely talking about ad fly and media fire that both Forge and Pixelmon are using. She is correct that they are buried with ads and are tricking you to download useless software filled with malware and garbage. I remember first time looking at ad fly download page and being unsure what to do. I simply gave up until someone told me that there is in fact "SKIP AD" button in the top right corner that actually went to plain download page.

So to mom of an 8 yr old from a dad of a 7 yr old, I understand your pain. Seriously there has got to be a better way to have ad supported site than using service that spreads junk like that tricking users into downloads.

Ozi

For pixelmon: Sorry, you're screwed.

For forge: You can click on the (*) downloads, those are adfly free.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Mom of 8 yr old, I'm a Mom of 11 yr old who had to mod his client many times too; and on horrible laptop with busted clicker, in bad old days of early modding of the game.

Nowadays all is so much easier to install mods for Minecraft; nonetheless, do you still need any help or advice with installation? Forge needs to be done carefully, and I have a preferred method. Once you have Forge installed, the rest of forge mods should be simple to just pop into mods folder. But Forge needs to be set up and operating, when you start your client, before you attempt to put in mods after that.

PM me of you are stuck at all. I used to sit up all night sometimes in the old days of a couple of years ago, trying to get Clay Soldiers etc going. Funny to remember! :)

I am a mom trying to help my 8 year old download forge and pixelmon. Have no idea how to do this! Been trying to figure it out for over two hours now. Been trying to find a legit download for forge and pixelmon that is not that complicated for me! Everything I find keeps trying to download ads and installers to my computer. Please help me! He has been begging me for this for awhile now.

Thanks in advance!  :)

Just joined this site because I, too, am a mother to an 8yo begging for Forge & I'm having problems downloading. YES, we can google "forge download" - not internet stupid just b/c we are moms - but my virus detector goes off like crazy for all the downloads I've found thus far (most utilize ad.fly - even when I skip ad, the download isn't secure per my Kaspersky). I will follow through on the suggestions - excluding the one that said to just google it. That's why this post was made in the first place.

Thanks!

LLL

I don't care if this is the Parents' Association or what, but I'll just drop a note:

To download forge without going through adfly, you can click on the asterisked (*) links available next to the "Installer" download link available on our official website, http://files.minecraftforge.net

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

I don't care if this is the Parents' Association or what, but I'll just drop a note:

To download forge without going through adfly, you can click on the asterisked (*) links available next to the "Installer" download link available on our official website, http://files.minecraftforge.net

Thanks for clarifying where to find the (*) links your referenced earlier.

I followed through on this, but am still receiving the following message upon download: "This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep forge-1.7.10-10.13.01...jar anyway?"

Does this mean that these files have problems (and then, so will I) if I choose to keep the downloaded file? Or is it ok & i'm safe in hitting "keep"?

Many thanks,

M

Nothing on our site contains viruses.

All of our software is open source, including all build and deploy scripts.

You can build them yourself if you don't trust us.

I use adfly because I have bills to pay, not the least of which is the cost of hosting this site and related servers.

I provide direct downloads as well for those who do not like adfly.

We have answered this 'how do I downloadz!' question hundreds of times. Our site is setup to make it as easy as possible.

This should not be an issue.

As for this "This type of file can hard your computer" messages.

You get this because that type of file CAN harm your computer.

Its a executable jar, or a windows executable.

It contains runnable code. Anything that has runnable code has the POTENTIAL to harm your computer.

Hence the warning from your downloader.

You will get this warning on any site that you download executable code from. If you don't there is something wrong with your protection.

So, it comes down to if you trust us and our software. If you do, install it. If you don't enjoy unmodded minecraft.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon