Forge: It's time to say...

LexManos

I like BlockPos thingy, but I dont know why it is not pooled. (I think these thing is too similar with mine, but... anyway)

maybe forge can change the behavior..?

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

So is there any solution..?

Since I heard that the Blockpos thingy had memory increase too fast...

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

Ya I expected you to link that post.

Without going into a argument on how the JVM works. He is right, to a point.

But it's not that big of a deal as he mentions.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Then why the memory usage increases so fast..? It causes much lag even in the vanilla minecraft 1.8..

End of discussion you don't know what you are talking about and are doing nothing but speculating based off ignorant and false information. I do not have time to teach you programming or how the JVM works. This is not the place.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Hi I am new to the forums.  I am just wondering if there is any news about the next forge update.  I am not wanting to rush you or anything, I want you to take your time and make it perfect.  I i understand how much work and time it takes to write a program.  I am currently going to school for my degree in Gaming and Simulation Programming.  Just curious if there is any new information.  Again, thank you for all you have done and are doing.

So, and update.

Yes, Forge Compiles.

Yes, it also RUNS on 1.8.

There are still 16 rendering related patches for me to go through.

I REALLY hate rendering so i've put those off for list. Combined with the fact that rendering has changed a lot.

Just a reminder to you all, FORGE itself is not all that I work on for the Minecraft community.

There is a lot of behind the scenes work that I do every update. Which has eaten a lot of my time.

But, as it sits right now I just needed to finish 16 more patches and a BETA Forge will be available. {MY God I can't stress how much this is a BETA, rewriting EVERY PATCH by hand may introduce bugs}

However, it is my intention to release a REAL version of Forge for 1.8.1, whenever that actually drops.

Now, here is a bit of a note for you guys.

You know how in 1.7, we had .1,.2, .3 ... .10. Well Theoretically we are on 1.8.5 right now, it's just that Mojang has decided to call them pre-releases this time around. So as I stated before, I am waiting on Mojang to Stabilize 1.8 before pushing out a full Forge version.

Do I also take days off working on Forge/MC related stuff? Yes! For my sanity. Seriously, this update is crazy....

So, and update.

Yes, Forge Compiles.

Yes, it also RUNS on 1.8.

There are still 16 rendering related patches for me to go through.

I REALLY hate rendering so i've put those off for list. Combined with the fact that rendering has changed a lot.

Just a reminder to you all, FORGE itself is not all that I work on for the Minecraft community.

There is a lot of behind the scenes work that I do every update. Which has eaten a lot of my time.

But, as it sits right now I just needed to finish 16 more patches and a BETA Forge will be available. {MY God I can't stress how much this is a BETA, rewriting EVERY PATCH by hand may introduce bugs}

However, it is my intention to release a REAL version of Forge for 1.8.1, whenever that actually drops.

Now, here is a bit of a note for you guys.

You know how in 1.7, we had .1,.2, .3 ... .10. Well Theoretically we are on 1.8.5 right now, it's just that Mojang has decided to call them pre-releases this time around. So as I stated before, I am waiting on Mojang to Stabilize 1.8 before pushing out a full Forge version.

Do I also take days off working on Forge/MC related stuff? Yes! For my sanity. Seriously, this update is crazy....

Please, do take days off. You deserve them. And thanks so much for the update on the update. Been waiting for this for a while. Could you give an ETA for the beta? 1 week?

Thanks!

no need for etas, unless you're some kind of corporation who does things for money, they exist to be broken. you either do things ahead of time and then release it sooner, or don't make it in time and delay or release buggy version. everyone hates delays, glaringly obvious bugs and such, and always blames it on the dev.

he gave us something much more valuable, a "what's left" list.

My dream has always been to work as a game programmer (making games). But when i see LexManos making forge and it really takes hard work.......i am a bit worried......it looks hard to programm and make forge.......i wont be making games as a job........and by the way LexManos, Take your time. The whole world of Minecraft Modding community is counting on you LexManos! The World of Minecraft Modding Community Rests in your hands LexManos :D

Happy bday then LexManos!

And thanks too both for the update and for the incredible amount oif work you put into this, for the good of the whole community. We appreciate it more than you know. And also more than many of us know, by ourselves too!

• 1 month later...

Hey Lex,

You're doing an excellent job with Forge. I honestly couldn't appreciate the work you're doing much more. Without your API, Minecraft would be so ... boring and vanilla.

I've been watching the releases roll out pretty regularly. You just released the first new update for Forge 1.7.10 in a while, and 1.8 betas get pretty frequent updates. The reason I'm posting to the forum, though, is because I'd hoped you could provide some insight as to when we can expect any form of Forge 1.8.1 to come out.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Matthew