MinecraftForge 1.8

WARDOGSK93

I'm busy with con until the ~5th

After that I am going to passout and recover from con.

After that I will update MCP

After that cpw and I will update FML

After that I will update Forge.

It'll get done, soon, but Part of them releasing it while i'm at con is a good thing, it lets them stabilize {if they are going to do a 1.8.1/2} while im at con and I can work on those.

Expect a release sometime early-mid-september.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 months later...

That's because they're test versions.

Here's the link:

http://files.minecraftforge.net/fml//1.8

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

They are already working on building a stable FML version for MC 1.8, and then they start working on Forge, so that's gonna take a while.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Fml for 1.8 had been out for a while,  tell modders to start testing and gone reports. As for forge is in the works, rewriting all patch files by hand and a lot of the forge 8nternals. As well as dealing with cpw leaving and the potential .1 and .2 that is been waiting on mojang to drop (I've known is been pending for a while,  but my forge work and work with other modders are filtering to mojang and they ate fixing the bugs we find)

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the FML 1.8 pre-release. Is the same as forge or is it two completely different things? If I use this pre-release will I have to completely switch over to FML and be able to switch back to forge?

Main Developer and Owner of Zero Quest

Visit the Wiki for more information

If I helped anyone, please give me a applaud and a thank you!

With the FML 1.8 release, you can start to update your mod.  I have been able to get mine updated except for armor and the dimension which require forge.  This way you can be that much further along when forge is released.  You can start to see all the changes that are required in block rendering.  I am running a 1.8 world now with two of my mods in it now.  Just rem'ed out the things that needed forge.