How to I manually start minecraft using 'Run'?

WiseWoodrow

Just because, sometimes minecraft won't give you a error report, instead it goes black.

It gives you a error report if you start it using console and all though.

Its some sort of really long command line...

me is starting mc with following batch file. it allows me to run different minecraft versions in different folders:

set APPDATA=%~dp0
java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:SurvivorRatio=12 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -Xincgc -cp %~dp0minecraft.exe -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

at line 1: set Appdata means, for the running bat the windows environment variable for the APPDATA Folder is changed.

Usually Appdata is set to something like C:\users\username\appdata\roaming

Don't be confused about %~dp0 , this means Current folder. If you clicked the batch file with Path C:\harr\batchfiles\mcblah.cmd , %~dp0 has value C:\harr\batchfiles\ (watch it, there is a trailing \)

So you don´t have to care about paths for your different minecraft folders. You can copy the folder without checking path in the batch file.

at line 2:

hm...don´t ask me...copied and pasted some crap out of google and workmates mails and mixed it with my own :)

its possible to start only with:

java -jar C:\path\to\mc\minecraft.exe -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

The benefit starting with batch file is an additional DOS Window, where you can see console messages.