how do you make a coremod? or library mod? and use it in your mods?

mrgreaper

Ok so heres the situation, my mod has parts of it people want to use seperate...and indeed i understand that as the main part of it is strange and dark humour. Looking at my code i can see that i essentialy have 3 distinct mods in one.

So the easy solution? well split it up into 3 different mods...

BUT i have handlers that are used by all of them, so i got to thinking how the professional modders do it, they have a core-mod (ok yeah thats a misleading name for it, but i cant think what to call it lol)

I examined the libairies i use, and came on to this idea, i just want to know if im going the right way:

im taking all the handlers from my mod, all the librairies it uses, all the sound files it uses(not sure if i should part the sound files or not yet).

Im making that its own mod, once compiled i will put that in the libs folder of each of the mods i split from it

my theory is that when im in the ide i will be able to reference the handlers just like i can when its all part of the mod, when i compile the mod the lib wont be included (i know how to include it ofcourse, but im thinking i shouldnt for the reasons below) so a player would need the compiled mod lib in thier mods folder and what ever of my mods they want

so for example if a player wants my twisted mod and my security mod they would need core.jar twisted.jar security.jar ... but should they want just the twisted one they would simply not get the security.jar

have i grasped that correctly? is thier a special way of doing this?

Coremod has a different meaning in Forge that shouldn't be confused. Modifying Minecraft classes by runtime patches.

But yeah, to make a "main mod" and submodules, that is one way of going about it.

can u pls link us some examples/tutorials? Sounds interesting.

Here could be your advertisement!

He is not talking about a Coremod.

He's talking about a library mod which has classes which are used by other mods.

indeed this^

i decided to take the cowards route and just make them seperate mods that include the same classes, given the package names will be different it shouldnt be too much of an issue, it would be better to have a core mod that my other mods use but my knowedge of java is just not there yet.

He is not talking about a Coremod.

He's talking about a library mod which has classes which are used by other mods.

indeed this^

i decided to take the cowards route and just make them seperate mods that include the same classes, given the package names will be different it shouldnt be too much of an issue, it would be better to have a core mod that my other mods use but my knowedge of java is just not there yet.

So you have 2 mods, one is your "main mod" and the other one is "main mod + additional content", right?

but what happens if you change something in your main mod? you would always have to copy it over to the one with additional content. This could cause a lot of bugs...

Can anyone pls link me a tut how to create submods.

Here could be your advertisement!