[1.7.2] Problem with GUI buttons not controlling correct block

ParanormalRyno

Hello.

I've created a custom rendered gate that open and closes with a gui button but it seems to open and close other gates in your view.

I have looked at my code and cant see where im going wrong.

I have all my code available on github https://github.com/paranormalryno/Test-Mod

Thanks.

i think that you will need packets to sync your client(gui) with server....

Here could be your advertisement!

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a Container (which you do) you don't need custom packets. Just call Minecraft#playerController.sendEnchantPacket(windowID, buttonID) when the button is pressed. That will trigger a call to the enchantItem method on your Container on the server, with the same ID.

I've added a enchantItem method in my container which now sends the command to open or close the gate and added the sendEnchantPacket under the actionPreformed sending the windowID and buttonID but im getting a NullPointerException. I not sure if I'm doing it correct but after looking at the enchantment GUI and Container class that's what I came up with.