[1.7.10] Editing Bed Behavior without Base Edits

zombiepig333

NOTE: Before yelling at me for posting such a mention, please keep in mind that I am trying to do this without a full class patch; I found a tutorial for that, but didn't want to create incompatibilities.

I am trying to add a sound for when a player sleeps in a bed.  Sadly enough, when I was looking at what that would take, it appears an edit to the onBlockActivated function in BlockBed would need to be made, and I don't have very many ideas as to going about and making this change.

I do know that you can edit fields with reflection or asms, but this is adding an entire line to a base class, not simply changing a field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, when using the solution given below, everything works the way it should EXCEPT for the conditional regarding EnumStatus; through tests I have concluded the event always seems to return null for its status.  Thoughts?

~zombiepig333

@SubscribeEvent
    public void onSleep(PlayerSleepInBedEvent event) {
        if(event.result == EntityPlayer.EnumStatus.OK)
        event.entityPlayer.worldObj.playSoundEffect(event.entityPlayer.posX, event.entityPlayer.posY, event.entityPlayer.posZ, "random.successful_hit", 1.0F, 0.1F);
    }

My god- I forgot to look there.  Welp, another derp for me :P.  Haven't really done this kind of stuff before, so thanks for the help- now that I know where all these events are things should be muuuuuuuch easier.

Honestly, thanks a ton.  I should have looked through more of the documentation before posting this.

~zombiepig333

Edit: Ran into another problem, and I don't think it is of my doing this time.  Updated the first post with info.