SLOVED[1.7.10]HUGE memory leaking while sending pakets

FLUFFY2

Hi,

I have a dynamic light mod what gets the info from client tick handler and send a paket to the server to create the light. If the player moves its repeat the process.

Now in 1.7.10 i got a serious memory leak with a good amount of lag.

In 1.7.2 thats not happend!

And the overall FPS is dropping down from ~200 to ~80 while moveing WITHOUT any dynamic light, just vanilla minecraft. Somethings mayebe up with chunk updates?

Im reporting it to here since i dont have this problem in .2 and the code don't changed.

If it happens without mods too, so only with Forge, then I think it could be the same problem I had a while ago in 1.7.2 after the async world generation was added: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,20213.0.html

But well, this bug isn't fixed too and it describes the same that you describe here (only the Forge version is different).

The only thing that I can say to this, use older builds of Forge, that was that what I'm did after it seems for me to be, that this bug will not be fixed and so I'm not interested in updating to newer versions of Forge or MC with Forge...

And well, after I post my thread about lags, I saw a few days ago an other thread too, but there its by starting Minecraft and now your thread too.

Developer of Primeval Forest.

Well, thats new to me.

I can't roll back coz 1.7.10 dosen't realy have much versions now(3 only).

I saw when i generate a new world my consol spamming me about chunk generation is took around 130ms.

Im a modder and just want to update to .10 but looks like have to wait till this gets fixed.

Befor anyone say i know forge for .10 is an early build.

Im just telling there is something wrong.

Well, downgrade to Forge 1.7.2-10.12.2.1121. All other builds for 1.7.x++ have this problems.

And I'm a modder, too. And from that what you descripe, its exact the same, what I told LexManos a few weeks ago in this thread: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,20213.0.html

Thats what he said to me: "However, 'lag' is not a issue we can help you with as 99.9999% of the time its someone doesn't understand that 1) MC is a resource hog, 2) mods are doing something or 3) They are breaking it."

Developer of Primeval Forest.

Oh, yeah so why is that:

-1.7.2 with 151 mods work great.

-1.7.10 with forge only laggs?

While modding i tested it i moved my src so there is no mod running and its still crappy.

Again thats not happend in 1.7.2.

Before anyone saying i have a bad computer:

Intel Q9400 overclocked to 3.0GHZ

6GB ram

GTX 570 1GB

Thats more than enough for minecraft.

I want my mod from 1.7.2 to 1.7.10 so im not gonna stay at 1.7.2!

I might just wait for a Forge guy to tell me its a bug or not.

If its not then whats the problem?

Bektor, please kindly shut up. Unless you are going to be helpful and actually provide ant proof to your claims or possible solutions to it. Then im inclined to believe that its something on your end as Async chunks has caused nothing but performance INCREASES to the end users. Advocating someone move to older outdated versions of minecraft is not something we do on this forum and if you do it again you will be permanently banned. Downgrading causes nothing but issues and stops progress.

As doe Dynamic Lights, you say you get console spam, what is this spam.

If it's spam about leaked packets on the dyanmic lights end the it is an issue with the mod not us -.-

You can try using jprofiler to figure out what is eating memory and processing time.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

You can use netty directly, as long as you use the channels FML provides you, you just need to implement it correctly else you get memory leaks.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon