[1.7.2] SpawnerCraft (v1.1.1)

cad97

Hi guys, I'm a long-term student coder and short-term modder that recently got into modding Minecraft. I've never been into big mods/modpacks that change the game dramatically and prefer the smaller mods that enhance or expand upon the magic that is vanilla Minecraft and keep a sense of the same balance.

The idea of these mods is to do this - by adding a small and Minecraft-y thing to the game to enhance the vanilla experience.

SpawnerCraft allows you to have the power and convenience of moving and creating (standard) spawners in survival.  By collecting the essence of the mob, you are able to infuse a mob cage with the mob to create a spawner, or to create spawn eggs.  Now, to get villagers into your farm, you just need to murder them, collect their essence, and turn them into spawn eggs!  To create a pig farm, just hook up a spawner!  (Warning: does not edit the functionality of spawners so mob spawners are subject to the standard rules of mob spawning:  conditions must be favorable to mob spawning; i.e. passives have light and grass, aggressive have dark and space.)  You can even create a blaze spawner in the overworld so you can finally use that perfect design that requires water.

Download here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/221268-spawnercraft

Direct Download: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/221268-spawnercraft/files/2204720/download

(CurseForge has a review system to check that files uploaded are not malicious. If a file is not available, that is because it is still under review. If it is, please check back in an hour or so - it should be available then. Thanks!)

Source on GitHub: https://github.com/CAD97/SpawnerCraft

[spoiler=install]

[*]Make sure you have Forge installed. If you don't, grab the Recommended Installer build here and run it.

[*]Place the .jar from the download into the mods folder that is generated by Forge.

[*]That's it! Launch the game and enjoy!

This mod was built with MCForge 10.12.1.1060 and therefore for maximum performance you should use this build. It should work on any higher 1.7.2 Forge build but I cannot guarantee its performance.

Other tested Forge releases:

10.12.2.1121 (works)

[spoiler=details]

• Killing mob drops 1 Essence of Mob
  • Four Essence of Mob creates one Agglomeration of Mob
  • Two Agglomeration of Mob (shapeless) creates one Spawn Mob (8 Essence of Mob)
  • Four Agglomeration of Mob creates one Spirit of Mob (16 Essence of Mob)
  • A Spirit of Mob can be placed in the crafting grid to get two Spawn Mob
  • Mob spawners when destroyed drop 1 Empty Spawner
  • Clicking on a Mob Cage with a Spirit of Mob turns it into a Mob Spawner
  • Essence of Mob, Agglomeration of Mob, and Spirit of Mob are colored the same way as and follow the same naming conventions as Spawn Mob; i.e., the sprite is grey and colored by the game and a Spawn Mob for squid is “Spawn Squid,” similarly “Essence of Squid,” “Agglomeration of Squid,” and “Spirit of Squid.”
  • Essence of Mob, Agglomeration of Mob, and Spirit of Mob follow the same damage value assignation of mobs as Spawn Mob

Current version: 1.1.1-mc1.7.2

[spoiler=changelog]

• 1.1.1-mc1.7.2: some refactoring of codebase and commenting for clarity for release of codebase
  • 1.1-mc1.7.2: VASTLY improved sprite images. If someone who can actually sprite wants to make me some, though, please go ahead!
  • 1.0-mc1.7.2: Initial release