[1.7.2-1085] [SOLVED] block.breakBlock() not working properly

DiabolusNeil

This is the code I'm working with: http://pastebin.com/aEAswtBR and I've come across a big problem. Trying to break the block from the block object gathered from world.getBlock() doesn't do anything. Even doing world.getBlockToAir() doesn't do anything. I even tried using a packet handler because I thought the event was only being called client-side only (which it wasn't). Is it a Forge bug?

EDIT: It seems that Block.breakBlock() is only for special purposes (i.e. dumping out the contents of an inventory, removing a tile entity, etc) and is not meant for actually breaking a block. What wesserboy said, you need to do something like this:

private void breakBlock(World world, int x, int y, int z){
if(world.getBlock(x, y, z) != Blocks.bedrock){
	world.getBlock(x, y, z).dropBlockAsItem(world, x, y, z, world.getBlockMetadata(x, y, z), 0);
	world.setBlockToAir(x, y, z);
}
}

if (user.hasKnowledgeOfJava) {

if (user.question.hasCode) {

return interpetHelpfulResponse(user.getQuestion());

} else {

return "Could you post your code please?";

}

} else {

return "Learn some freaking Java!";

}

I had problems with that method too, so i wrote my own little method to break the block for me:

private void breakBlock(World world, int x, int y, int z){
	if(world.getBlock(x, y, z) != Blocks.bedrock){
		world.getBlock(x, y, z).dropBlockAsItem(world, x, y, z, world.getBlockMetadata(x, y, z), 0);
		world.setBlockToAir(x, y, z);
	}
}

it could be a forge bug since i had the same problem, but this method has been working great for me.

I made the Mob Particles mod, you can check it out here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2709242-172-forge-mob-particles/