Gradle Build Failed

joost986

Hello!

I have a question regarding the installation of forge. I am not able to install the minecraft forge source edition.

I am using forge-1.7.2-10.12.1.1098. It seems to be stuck at "> configuring > 0/1 projects > root project > resolving dependencies ':classpath" and after a short while it moves on with a fatal error.

for example: "[fatal error] runtime-3.9.0-v20130326-1255.pom:4:10: already seen doctype. "

and it gives the same error with all the packages it downloads.

I tried the same thing on my PC and my laptop, running similar software. I am using JDK 1.7.

here is an screenshot of the error it gave after finishing:

Can anyone help me?

Joost986

Seems your internet is having issues and can not download the dependancies, or it's downloading something wrong.

Perhaps caused by you being behind some firewall/proxy.

Try going to the URLs that the log says and tell us what you see.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Thank you for the response, but after uninstalling my antivirus software wich includes a firewall (I am using Norman security suite) I was able to run gradle.

The weird thing is that when I disabled the firewall it didn't help so I assumed that it was not the problem.

Whoever when I deinstalled the software it suddenly worked. Now that I reinstalled the antivirus software it asked if I would allow gradle to connect to the internet.

It seems that I missed the firewall warning and it blocked it by default.

Thanks for your help LexManos!