Please help [JavaDoc Problem]

jacob814

I am unable to locate the java doc in eclipse, it says it is not there. IF there is a way to fix this that would be great.

Any response would be helpful also

EDIT: OK maybe i didn't word this correctly. Let me retry

I thought there was a way to check the minecraft code. If you hover over the class you called on in your mod you should get the class highlighted and you are able to look at it. I called it a java doc in the part above but that may not be correct. This "java doc" also allows me to look at the  code for examples from it. Like if I want to check how mojang wrote the code to see if I want to do something similar.

EDIT: if someone knows what i am talking about in the least please tell me. This would be major help

This is a re post of a problem. I am unable to access the old post.

Any help would be helpful

Thankyou for relying but this did not slove my probelm. I still get:

This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and hence no Javadoc could be found.

this is when i check the block class in minecraft. If anyone else can help thankyou

I have seen other people use this class

It doesn't mean that any Javadoc information comes with it. What method in particular are you talking about?

if (user.hasKnowledgeOfJava) {

if (user.question.hasCode) {

return interpetHelpfulResponse(user.getQuestion());

} else {

return "Could you post your code please?";

}

} else {

return "Learn some freaking Java!";

}

I get no javadoc information all together for the question and the second reply that didnt work either sadly.This would be an esample of something i should get, if i hover of the "BLOCK" it shoudl pull up a java doc:

public static Block bauxiteN, tinOreN, copperOreN, leadOreN, silverOreN;

When looking at the forge download page there is a javadoc there. Is there a way to install that in eclipes?

Jacob, the instruction that GoToLink and other posted above is correct. Don't use Lex's tutorial exactly because he sets up a dev workspace which doesn't have the unobfuscated files (he must be so good with Minecraft modding that he doesn't need to look at the code and can just use the methods as passed).

Instead, if you use gradlew setupDecompWorkspace it will install all the unobfuscated java code for Minecraft.  After that you need to run gradlew eclipse.  Then in eclipse you need to point to the right workspace and import the example mod.  After all that, it should work -- whether or not there is a "javadoc" Eclipse will give you information on the class or method you hover over, let you go to the declaration, find the call hierarchy etc.  It should NOT complain about not having source attached.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Wow you guys are throwing words around all over the place with no fucking idea what they are.

JavaDocs: Tey are generated HTML pages that overlay the basic outline/comments of a function/class: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/

Obfusication: naming functions and classes in such a way that hides the original information.

When minecraft is released it is obfusicated, Forge/MCP deobfusicate the classes as best they can when setting up the workspace.

dev and decomp workspace get you the exact same state in reguard to OBFUSICATION.

The difference between the two setups is that decomp DECOMPILES the classes to attempt to get useable SOURCE CODE from them.

So if you're wanting the source, you need to use decomp.

And note, you MUST re-run the eclipse command to make it link everything correctly, then refresh your eclipse workspace.

So.. what exactly are you expecting to see and when?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Wow you guys are throwing words around all over the place with no fucking idea what they are.

JavaDocs: Tey are generated HTML pages that overlay the basic outline/comments of a function/class: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/

Obfusication: naming functions and classes in such a way that hides the original information.

When minecraft is released it is obfusicated, Forge/MCP deobfusicate the classes as best they can when setting up the workspace.

dev and decomp workspace get you the exact same state in reguard to OBFUSICATION.

The difference between the two setups is that decomp DECOMPILES the classes to attempt to get useable SOURCE CODE from them.

So if you're wanting the source, you need to use decomp.

And note, you MUST re-run the eclipse command to make it link everything correctly, then refresh your eclipse workspace.

So.. what exactly are you expecting to see and when?

Good clarification.  You're right I used the word obfuscation loosely/erroneously.  Basically it seems the OP wants source code (and yes of course that means both unobfuscated and decompiled).  Didn't mean to question your tutorial, but a lot of us lesser modders do spend a lot of time looking at the source code so the decomp is important to us.  For example, I found that the isClientWorld() method in EntityLivingBase returns true if it is NOT a client world -- if I hadn't inspected source I never would have figured out that problem.  How do you get by with just the dev workspace?

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/