forge-1.7.2-10.12.1.1073 Join server issue

pkt77

One of my mods require .1065+ to load, but the problem is that I can't join my server with this version. I have a couple of mods that are client only, stuff like ArmourStatusHUD, AnimatedPlayer, MCCapes, and InventoryTweaks. The server rejects these mods and kicks me. I'd rather not remove these mods to play, especially InventoryTweaks ;) . Please fix or tell me what I did wrong, if anything

Logs?

I have logs as I also can't join with stuff like ArmourStatusHUD and InventoryTweaks.

Here are the logs for my server: http://pastebin.com/na1veC1E point of connecting = Line 1888

And here are the logs of the client: http://pastebin.com/M3aJtY5a the point of connecting is Line 3993

Owner of The-Eac.nl domain and Eac teamspeak server Creator of WIP-Eac mod

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I am still seeing issues with this, although perhaps I am seeing the behaviour you intend.

I have a server running 1.7.2-10.12.1.1082. 32 mods installed.

I have a client running 1.7.2-10.12.1.1082 with the same 32 mods, plus 3 extra client-side-only mods which are:

[1.7.2]DamageIndicatorsMod-3.1.1.jar

AutoSwitch-v5.0.0-mc1.7.2.jar

InventoryTweaks-1.57-116.jar

When I click Multiplayer in the client, the entry for this server shows up with a big red cross:

width=615 height=143http://s8.postimg.org/7put06zs5/Screen_shot_2014_05_15_at_1_15.gif[/img]

If I hit Join Server anyway, it does work fine, so it's not actually preventing me from connecting.

The behaviour I expect is that if the client can connect to the server without problems, the red cross would not be shown. So if the server has server-only mods or the client has client-only mods, no cross would appear.

Server side log of the client connection:

[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/TRACE] [FML/]: $ClientHello->FMLHandshakeServerState$2:HELLO
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/INFO] [FML/]: Client protocol version 1
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/TRACE] [FML/]: $ModList:35 mods->FMLHandshakeServerState$2:HELLO
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/INFO] [FML/]: Client attempting to join with 35 mods : ThaumicExploration@0.6.0,HopperDuctMod@1.3,inventorytweaks@1.57-116,BiblioCraft@1.6.3,TwilightForest@2.0.3,HardcoreEnderExpansion@1.5a,backpackrenderer@1.7.2 - 2.4,enchantview@4.0.3,mcp@9.03,FML@7.2.196.1082,NotEnoughItems@1.0.1,JABBA@1.1.3,autoswitch@5.0.0,bcmod@1.7.2 - 2.4.2,DamageIndicatorsMod@3.1.1,Thaumcraft@4.1.1.12,Baubles@1.0.0.12,ChickenShed@1.1.3,voxelmap@1.7.2,MonsterSpawnHighlighter@1.4.1.27,LunatriusCore@1.0.2.7,InGameInfoXML@2.6.0.44,ThaumicTinkerer-preloader@0.1,IronChest@6.0.14.719,Forge@10.12.1.1082,CodeChickenCore@1.0.0,EnderTanks@rev15,LotsOfFood@1.7.2,BaMsGRAVE@1.4.1,imc@1.1,backpacks16840@1.7.2 - 2.4.1,Waila@1.5.2_1.7.2,SimpleEnderPouch@1.1,thebombzenapi@2.4.0,ThaumicTinkerer@alpha-2.3-98
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/INFO] [FML/]: Attempting connection with missing mods [] at CLIENT
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{2}->FMLHandshakeServerState$3:WAITINGCACK
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{3}->FMLHandshakeServerState$4:COMPLETE
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{4}->FMLHandshakeServerState$5:DONE
[13:21:13] [server thread/INFO] [FML/]: [server thread] Server side modded connection established
[13:21:13] [Netty IO #6/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{5}->FMLHandshakeServerState$5:DONE

Client side log:

[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: $ServerHello->FMLHandshakeClientState$2:HELLO
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Server protocol version 1
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: $ModList:32 mods->FMLHandshakeClientState$3:WAITINGSERVERDATA
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Attempting connection with missing mods [DamageIndicatorsMod, autoswitch, InGameInfoXML] at SERVER
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: $ModIdData:1252 mappings->FMLHandshakeClientState$4:WAITINGSERVERCOMPLETE
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Injecting existing block and item data into this client instance
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/DEBUG] [FML/]: Registry consistency check successful
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: Registry: minecraft:air 0 net.minecraft.block.BlockAir@7fb0298c
…
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: Registry: SimpleEnderPouch:EnderTome 4483 com.demoxin.minecraft.simpleenderpouch.Item_EnderTome@4f11a931
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [mcp/mcp]: Sending event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod mcp
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [mcp/mcp]: Sent event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod mcp
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/FML]: Sending event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod FML
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/FML]: Sent event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod FML
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [Forge/Forge]: Sending event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod Forge
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [Forge/Forge]: Sent event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod Forge
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [backpackrenderer/backpackrenderer]: Sending event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod backpackrenderer
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [backpackrenderer/backpackrenderer]: Sent event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod backpackrenderer
…
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [simpleEnderPouch/SimpleEnderPouch]: Sending event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod SimpleEnderPouch
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [simpleEnderPouch/SimpleEnderPouch]: Sent event FMLModIdMappingEvent to mod SimpleEnderPouch
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{2}->FMLHandshakeClientState$5:PENDINGCOMPLETE
[13:21:13] [Netty Client IO #5/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{3}->FMLHandshakeClientState$6:COMPLETE
[13:21:13] [Client thread/INFO] [FML/]: [Client thread] Client side modded connection established
[13:21:18] [Client thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT/]: Client received server config settings.
[13:21:18] [Client thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT/]: CHEAT_SHEET[false], WARDED_STONE[true], MIRRORS[true], HARD_NODES[true], RESEARCH_DIFFICULTY[0], ASPECT_CAP[8], ASPECT_TOTAL_CAP[100
[13:21:18] [Client thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Loading Remote World

I guess the ideal solution would be for these mods to include a null server side implementation.

Thanks for all your great work!

KeepOnDigging.

We would need the full logs {if cpw bothered to put that debug info in}

However, if a client side only mod, does not tell us that it is a client side only mod, how do you expect FML to know it is a client side only mod?

It's all down to making sure that the mods give FML the full correct information for it to be able to do its job correctly.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

We would need the full logs {if cpw bothered to put that debug info in}

However, if a client side only mod, does not tell us that it is a client side only mod, how do you expect FML to know it is a client side only mod?

It's all down to making sure that the mods give FML the full correct information for it to be able to do its job correctly.

I think FML should (in theory) be smart enough to know that a mod is client-side only if it starts like this:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
@Mod(modid = "autoswitch", name = "AutoSwitch", version = "5.0.2", ...

SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) looks like pretty convincing evidence that it's a client-side only mod.

I know what @SideOnly does. I know that it prevents the class from being added to the classpath unless the Loader's Side matches Side.CLIENT. I know that it's not a substitute for network mods and such. But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that FML can have the ability to know it's a client-side only mod, because a mod that won't even be added to the server's classpath is clearly client-side only. Nobody's programmed that in yet, but it's not such a stretch.

No

That is not what SideOnly does, modders should NEVER use SideOnly thats PURELY for vanilla code.

And no, what you think SideOnly does is not what it does.

What you NEED to do is properly implement this or this {Depending on the level of control you want}

However, by default it should be setup where a mod is client only:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/commit/1d41aa978d41267e4040ec449e10f49a20edd4fa

Should be the last peice to make it so that you get a 'green check' when you have client only mods installed and the server doesnt have them.