[1.7.2/1.6.4] How to change Minecraft main menu?

Tokio

I'm new to modding. However I haven't modded anything. I want to change Minecraft main menu first so this is the first step I should do and then menus for the server.

I've noticed that Voxel changed main menu and splash texts and so is Spoutcraft. I wanted to learn how they do that. After I've succeed changing main menu, I'll like tutorials how to mod for 1.6.4 and 1.7.2.

What I need to change main menu:

• Removal of Singleplayer and Realms buttons.
  • Replace Multiplayer button to connect to the server button.
  • Change position of the buttons.
  • Edit color of the buttons.
  • Edit color of the texts.
  • Change logo.
  • Change position of the logo.
  • Change animated background to either non-animated or animated background.

If there are things I can't do, that's fine, except for button removals and replaces.

Doing something like this is definitely NOT the first thing you should be doing IMO, also you can fined a TON of great tutorials just by searching for them on google! Once you have a base mod setup then what TLHPoE said is DEFINITELY the way to go on remaking it, not sure if the game has other parts of it that won't get canceled like the music, but it's definitely good for a simple layout change or something of the sort!

Creator of Metroid Cubed! Power Suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!

width=174 height=100http://i.imgur.com/ghgWmA3.jpg[/img]

Doing something like this is definitely NOT the first thing you should be doing IMO, also you can fined a TON of great tutorials just by searching for them on google! Once you have a base mod setup then what TLHPoE said is DEFINITELY the way to go on remaking it, not sure if the game has other parts of it that won't get canceled like the music, but it's definitely good for a simple layout change or something of the sort!

This is not what I excepted you will say. Yeah I know there are tons of tutorials but I can't find the right one. It's kinda confusing... I said changing main menu is the first thing I should do because I have to for my server. So, please kindly tell me how to change main menu like how I want.

I'm not sure if this would work, but you could cancel the menu from opening since it's a gui. From there, you can open your own gui.

Can you please explain? I'll like to learn that as well.

*sigh

You have to have a main mod class set up to do ANYTHING. Literally, ANYTHING. Here's some tutorials for setting it up:

http://www.wuppy29.com/minecraft/modding-tutorials/forge-modding/

After that, learn how to use forge events via forges tutorial page, (a link to it is on the main menu for this website) and do what he said and add code for your custom title screen. Do you atleast know Java? If not learn that first. Changing the main menu is a pretty advanced thing to do, and requires a descent amount of knowledge on how forge and minecraft both work, it definitely shouldn't be the first thing you try, if you're doing a mod for a server add some items and stuff you want to add first, and get familiar with the environment. THEN maybe try to do it (again, with forge events)

Creator of Metroid Cubed! Power Suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!

width=174 height=100http://i.imgur.com/ghgWmA3.jpg[/img]

*sigh

You have to have a main mod class set up to do ANYTHING. Literally, ANYTHING. Here's some tutorials for setting it up:

http://www.wuppy29.com/minecraft/modding-tutorials/forge-modding/

After that, learn how to use forge events via forges tutorial page, (a link to it is on the main menu for this website) and do what he said and add code for your custom title screen. Do you atleast know Java? If not learn that first. Changing the main menu is a pretty advanced thing to do, and requires a descent amount of knowledge on how forge and minecraft both work, it definitely shouldn't be the first thing you try, if you're doing a mod for a server add some items and stuff you want to add first, and get familiar with the environment. THEN maybe try to do it (again, with forge events)

Thank you. That is very helpful and I already know Wuppy. I found his tutorials before I read this but thanks anyway. Didn't know he have a tutorial about setting up main menu.

There is another post going on about the exact same question.

If you don't want to bother looking at it - you should use GuiOpenEvent.

Check if the event's GUI is an instance of GuiMainMenu, cancel it - and override it with your own version of the main-menu.

There is another post going on about the exact same question.

If you don't want to bother looking at it - you should use GuiOpenEvent.

Check if the event's GUI is an instance of GuiMainMenu, cancel it - and override it with your own version of the main-menu.

Lol, way to suggest the same thing I did right above your post. xD