Adding Parameters

ZacDoesStuff

Alright, the method I have is public void onArmorTickUpdate(World world, EntityPlayer player, ItemStack itemStack), but I want it to also check for a block that the player is on, so I'm using world.getBlockID(par2, par3, par4), but how do I correctly add the par2, par3, par4 into the method?

public void onArmorTickUpdate(World world, EntityPlayer player, ItemStack itemStack)

{

super.onArmorTickUpdate(world, player, itemStack);

ItemStack boots = player.getCurrentArmor(0);

ItemStack legs = player.getCurrentArmor(1);

ItemStack chest = player.getCurrentArmor(2);

ItemStack helm = player.getCurrentArmor(3);

// legs = 1, chest = 2, helm = 3

if (boots != null && boots.getItem() == CanadianMod.skates && legs != null && legs.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyPants

&& chest != null && chest.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyChest &&  helm != null && helm.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyHelmet && world.getBlockId((int)player.posX, (int)player.posX, (int)player.posX) == Block.ice.blockID){

player.motionX *= 1.1D;

player.motionZ *= 1.1D;

}

}

Here you go, keep in mind I'm in 1.6.4 :)

public void onArmorTickUpdate(World world, EntityPlayer player, ItemStack itemStack)

{

super.onArmorTickUpdate(world, player, itemStack);

if (boots != null && boots.getItem() == CanadianMod.skates && legs != null && legs.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyPants

&& chest != null && chest.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyChest &&  helm != null && helm.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyHelmet && world.getBlockId((int)player.posX, (int)player.posY, (int)player.posZ) == Block.ice.blockID){

player.motionX *= 1.1D;

player.motionZ *= 1.1D;

}}

The player.motionX and Z will change to probably a speed potion effect when on ice, since currently that has some weird effects when on ice :P

Do a System.out.println("Working")  after the check to test it because I think I remember trying motion.x +=1 or something like that, but it didn't work.

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

Do a System.out.println("Working")  after the check to test it because I think I remember trying motion.x +=1 or something like that, but it didn't work.

The problem isn't in the motion.x, that works fine without looking for a block. The problem itself is looking for a block :P

I think I figured it out, for some reason if you get the player y coord from the server it outputs a different coord than if it is client. Just add a check before looking for the block to see if the world is not remote because you want to do the checking on the server. (!Remote = Server, Remote = Client).

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

It's still not working:

{

if (!world.isRemote){

&& chest != null && chest.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyChest &&  helm != null && helm.getItem() == CanadianMod.hockeyHelmet && world.getBlockId((int)player.posX, (int)player.posY-1, (int)player.posZ) == Block.ice.blockID){

player.motionX *= 1.1D;

player.motionZ *= 1.1D;

}

}

}

I'm not sure about your experience, but I've had Bette luck with .equals instead if == for forge.

Also on your coords, I'd use a floor before the int cast.  I've had issues with neg coords before.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help