java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer

TeNNoX

I got this wierd error (probably) after sending a normal packet from clicking something in the gui to the server.

line 48: "There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel Assembly"

http://pastebin.com/A28vLvct

Packet sending code:

Assembly.instance.channels.get(Side.CLIENT).attr(FMLOutboundHandler.FML_MESSAGETARGET).set(FMLOutboundHandler.OutboundTarget.TOSERVER);
Assembly.instance.channels.get(Side.CLIENT).writeOutbound(new PacketSorter(this));

The error only occurs on the server (not when playing in singleplayer)

From the looks of the error log and your packet class, it seems that netty is trying to create your server side packet when it encounters a CNF error searching through your constructors. One of your constructors requires a GuiAssemblySorter instance... that is where the error comes in, as this class does not exist server side as far as I can tell.

Why not try and put a @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) annotation on that specific constructor. It may fix it because then it would not find that constructor on the server side (which it correctly should not).

From the looks of the error log and your packet class, it seems that netty is trying to create your server side packet when it encounters a CNF error searching through your constructors. One of your constructors requires a GuiAssemblySorter instance... that is where the error comes in, as this class does not exist server side as far as I can tell.

Why not try and put a @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) annotation on that specific constructor. It may fix it because then it would not find that constructor on the server side (which it correctly should not).

You're right, I had those two constructors in PacketSorter, and the SideOnly annotation fixed it:

public PacketSorter() {
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public PacketSorter(GuiAssemblySorter gui) {
active = gui.active;
x = gui.tile.xCoord;
y = gui.tile.yCoord;
z = gui.tile.zCoord;
}

Thank you <3