Mob refuses to move faster, but will move slower when adjusting attributes?

HappleAcks

So first off the mob works fine besides this. All the other values are as intended, and everything works as intended.

However, in the line

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.movementSpeed).setBaseValue(0.94234232343D);

which is found here in my code in the Entity Class, it doesn't affect the mobs movement speed. I've spawned new ones with new eggs and everything, the other values keep updating but the movement speed won't. I am able to make it move slower by lowering the value below 0.6999D to something like 0.3333D, but if I make it higher it does nothing.

public void applyEntityAttributes(){
	super.applyEntityAttributes();

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.attackDamage).setBaseValue(5.0D);
	this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.followRange).setBaseValue(52.0D);
	this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.knockbackResistance).setBaseValue(0.0D);
	this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.movementSpeed).setBaseValue(0.94D);
	this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.maxHealth).setBaseValue(13.0D);

Hmm. There might be another way.

Can I see your whole entire Entity class - real quick?

Here ya go:

package mainlandModding.mob.entity;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;

import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;

import net.minecraft.entity.SharedMonsterAttributes;

import net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;

import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class EntityRunner extends EntityMob {

public EntityRunner(World par1World) {

super(par1World);

this.setSize(1.0F, 1.0F);

// TODO Auto-generated constructor stub

}

protected String getLivingSound(){

return "mob.wither.idle";

}

protected String getDeathSound(){

return "mob.wither.death";

}

protected String getHurtSound(){

return "mob.wither.hurt";

}

protected void func_145780_a(int p_145780_1_, int p_145780_2_, int p_145780_3_, Block p_145780_4_)

{

this.playSound("mob.pig.step", 0.15F, 1.0F);

}

protected Entity findPlayerToAttack(){

EntityPlayer entityPlayer = this.worldObj.getClosestVulnerablePlayerToEntity(this, 32.0D);

return entityPlayer != null && this.canEntityBeSeen(entityPlayer) ? entityPlayer : null;

}

public void applyEntityAttributes(){

super.applyEntityAttributes();

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.attackDamage).setBaseValue(5.0D);

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.followRange).setBaseValue(52.0D);

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.knockbackResistance).setBaseValue(0.0D);

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.movementSpeed).setBaseValue(0.94234232343D);

this.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.maxHealth).setBaseValue(13.0D);

}

}

That's bizarre. I just tried it on one of my entities and he was zipping around with a movement at 3.3D. Are you sure you just aren't noticing the difference between 0.69 and 0.94? Try setting it higher and see if it still doesn't work for you.

I've tried setting it at 3.0D, 50.0D, 300.0D. Doesn't affect anything.

That's bizarre. I just tried it on one of my entities and he was zipping around with a movement at 3.3D. Are you sure you just aren't noticing the difference between 0.69 and 0.94? Try setting it higher and see if it still doesn't work for you.

Then you probably need to turn on the AI, because it is not enabled by default in EntityMob:

@Override
protected boolean isAIEnabled() {
        return true;
    }

Then you probably need to turn on the AI, because it is not enabled by default in EntityMob:

@Override
protected boolean isAIEnabled() {
        return true;
    }

Adding below the attributes section just makes my mob stand there, and he doesn't use his AI anymore.

Adding below the attributes section just makes my mob stand there, and he doesn't use his AI anymore.

Oh right, you aren't using the new AI... maybe try that instead? Take a look at a vanilla mob such as the zombie to see what kinds of AI you can add. My mob was using the AI system and the speed worked correctly, though I haven't looked through the code to find out why.

Oh right, you aren't using the new AI... maybe try that instead? Take a look at a vanilla mob such as the zombie to see what kinds of AI you can add. My mob was using the AI system and the speed worked correctly, though I haven't looked through the code to find out why.

Worked, thanks.