[1.6.4] my textures are not loaded by minecraft

terschegget

... we are no wizards, so we can't guess what your codes are and what's your folder setup. Please tell us where your textures are stored, and how you are trying to get them.

I try my best, so apologies if I said something obviously stupid!

Textures must be placed in src/main/resources/assets/(insert the mod ID here)/textures/.

For example, a block texture named "texture.png" for my mod with the ID "hammer" would be placed in src/main/resources/assets/hammer/textures/blocks/texture.png.

To bind the texture to a block, I would use .setTextureName("hammer:texture").

i have noticed that minecraft is looking for my texturs in minecraft:textures butt my mod isn't in /forge/mcp/eclips it is outside /forge

Did you use setTextureName and give it your modID?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I have done that

package terschegget.techrom.item;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;

import terschegget.techrom.lib.ItemID;

import terschegget.techrom.lib.Reference;

public class TestItem extends Item

{

public TestItem(int id)

{

super(id);

this.setUnlocalizedName(ItemID.TESTITEM_ITEM_U_NAME);

this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMisc);

maxStackSize = 64;

this.setTextureName(Reference.MOD_ID + ":" + ItemID.TESTITEM_ITEM_U_NAME);

}

}

And what does Reference.MOD_ID equal?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Alrght let's explain this.

Let's say you have an item called ItemSomething. Inside of this class you define its texture:

this.setTextureName("modid:nameOfTheTexture);

This is the equivalent of this folder:

assets/modid/textures/items/nameOfTheTexture.png

So if your mod id is IDONTKNOW and your texture file is called someCoolItem you're gonna have:

this.setTextureName("idontknow:someCoolItem");

And if it doesn't work, you have probably done something wrong.

I try my best, so apologies if I said something obviously stupid!

The reason I figure that you didn't call setTextureName as you said that the log indicates that it's trying to load textures from "minecraft:"

minecraft is looking for my texturs in minecraft:textures

I also have noticed that forge don't see my mod.info

You mean mcmod.info?

Don't mean to be rude but...

"But" is the word that you use when you are trying to make a conjunction, not butt. "Butt" is a part of the body.

#GrammerPolice

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R Tolkien