[SOLVED][1.6.4] Stripping external mod interface throws NoClassDefFound

coolAlias

I'm using another mod as a referenced library / dependency, and it works fine when run in the development environment. However, after compiling, if I try to run Minecraft with only my mod loaded, the following MyClass throws a no class definition found error, as does the external mod interface class. It of course works fine when run with the other mod also installed.

I'm not very familiar with the following annotations, but I was under the impression that it should strip the interface during run-time if the other mod is not found, but leave the rest of the class intact. This is the only class in which I reference this external interface.

// The errors:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: modid/package/MyClass
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mods.external_mod.api.package.IOtherModInterface

@Interface(iface="mods.external_mod.api.ISomeInterface", modid="modid", striprefs = true)
public class MyClass extends VanillaClass implements IOtherModInterface, IMyInterfaces
{
// my code

// external mod API methods
@Method(modid="external_modid")
@Override
public void someMethod() {}

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

public class MyClass extends VanillaClass implements IOtherModInterface, IMyInterfaces

And what did you expect it to do if you didn't include IOtherModInterface in your zip?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I was under the impression that

@Interface(iface="mods.external_mod.api.ISomeInterface", modid="modid", striprefs = true)

would strip the interface during run-time if not found. Of course I understand it will throw that error if I don't include the api source, but the whole point is to not require it alongside my mod yet still be able to implement features in the case that the two mods are installed together.

Previously I accomplished this by having a second class, MyClass2 extends MyClass1 implements IOtherModInterface, and the only thing it did was implement those interface methods. Then I would assign my items to MyClass2 if the other mod was loaded, otherwise assign them to MyClass1, but I was hoping to find some way around that.

I'd appreciate more constructive comments in the future. Cheers.

Sorry, I still haven't been able to find out why the ModAPITransformer isn't stripping the interface when loading my built mod in the normal Minecraft launcher. Am I just using it incorrectly, or is it not working properly?

In the meantime, I'm back to using two classes that are identical except that one implements the other mod's api interface and is only used when that mod is loaded, while the other gets used otherwise. While that works just fine, I'd prefer a more sophisticated approach. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

I made an example, and it worked.

Optional removal - found optionals for class com.example.examplemod.TestItem - processing
Optional on com.example.examplemod.TestItem triggered - mod missing battlegear2
Optional removal - interface mods.battlegear2.api.weapons.IBattlegearWeapon removed
Optional removal - interface mods.battlegear2.api.weapons.IBattlegearWeapon - stripping method signature references
Optional removal - interface mods.battlegear2.api.weapons.IBattlegearWeapon - all method signature references 

@Optional.Interface(iface = "mods.battlegear2.api.weapons.IBattlegearWeapon", modid = "battlegear2", striprefs = true)
public class TestItem extends Item implements IBattlegearWeapon{
    public TestItem(int id){
        super(id);
        setUnlocalizedName("test:example");
        setTextureName("test:example");
    }
    @Override
    public boolean allowOffhand(ItemStack stack, ItemStack stack2) {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean isOffhandHandDual(ItemStack stack) {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean offhandAttackEntity(PlayerEventChild.OffhandAttackEvent offhandAttackEvent, ItemStack stack, ItemStack stack2) {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean offhandClickAir(PlayerInteractEvent playerInteractEvent, ItemStack stack, ItemStack stack2) {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean offhandClickBlock(PlayerInteractEvent playerInteractEvent, ItemStack stack, ItemStack stack2) {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public void performPassiveEffects(Side side, ItemStack stack, ItemStack stack2) {

}

@Override
    public boolean sheatheOnBack(ItemStack stack) {
        return false;
    }
}

Maybe you have a typo somewhere ?