(unsolved)(1.7.2) Manually Creating Mob Models

Sanocon

So due to the detail of a few mobs I'm creating some mobs manually in Java.(Sadly Techne won't do animations or blocks smaller than a Minecraft pixel)

So I want to know a few things:

1: How does the programming code work for each "block" for the mob?

2:Does Minecraft except blocks that are floats? (I.E. 0.5 units thick)

3:How does the block parenting system work?

3:How does the animation system work?

4:How are textures applied?

Solved 5:Where is the mob's pixel unit level where the mob and ground collide?(I cant form this question any better, but th[lmgtfy][/lmgtfy]is question exists mostly due to Techne)

More questions my appear down the digital road but that’s all I have for now.

Hi

I'd suggest you use Techne to make something simple, then look at the code and customise it to your needs.  I reckon that will answer all your questions.

Collision with the ground is not at pixel level, it is done by putting a rectangular bounding box around the entire mob. (AxisAlignedBoundingBox).

-TGG

that's sadly why i'm making this post. right now i"m running linux and until i figure out how to run the app without crashing it will be well and dandy.

is there a chunk of code i can mess with and a picture of the model to go with it? i just need something simple, made of three blocks or less no textures needed.

thanks by the way on clearing the collision problem

Hi

You might try downloading this bloke's code, he knows what he's doing as far as I can tell.

https://github.com/coolAlias/ZeldaSwordSkills

The classes you're interested are for example

https://github.com/coolAlias/ZeldaSwordSkills/blob/master/src/zeldaswordskills/client/model/ModelOctorok.java

https://github.com/coolAlias/ZeldaSwordSkills/blob/master/src/zeldaswordskills/entity/EntityOctorok.java

https://github.com/coolAlias/ZeldaSwordSkills/blob/master/src/zeldaswordskills/client/render/entity/RenderOctorok.java

He actively contributes to this forum occasionally so might be willing to talk to you direct, too.

I'm not sure the code is for 1.7.2, might be 1.6.4, but it isn't much different in any case.

-TGG

Oh, TGG, thank you, but I stole that code from the Squid :P I actually have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to models / rendering, so you may be better off doing what I did and poking around in the vanilla code, as those do just about everything you could possibly want to do.

Hm, now that I think about it, the new Octorok model in the code was submitted to me by a user, created in Techne, but I cleaned it up quite a bit since the java output from Techne can be horrendous. Originally I used the squid, though, and that's what I used as a comparison whilst cleaning up the code.

I have my mod updated to 1.7.2 as well, just haven't gotten around to putting it on Github yet. Whenever I do, you're more than welcome to browse, if you think it will help you more than the vanilla code that is ;)