[1.6.2 Forge] Randomizer Item Help

squealy_squigs

Alright, so for the past few hours I tried many different combinations of codes, looking it up, and everything. I am trying to make an item that chooses a random item from an array list.

The code I have below is the one I once thought it was close, but I changed it, and I’m just not positive anymore. Am I heading in the wrong direction? How would I get to this item choosing a random item from a list of items I declare?

public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack var1, World var2){
var1.getItem();
return var1;

}

List item = Arrays.asList(Item.diamond, Item.bakedPotato, Item.appleRed, Item.book);

}

Most likely this code is wrong, I’m pretty sure of it. Any help would be great, thanks! :)

All you need to do is create a new instance of random then make a new int of random with a cap of 32000 then check if that id is an item and if it is continue or else loop through and create a new int till it is then make an itemstack with it and then have it return that itemstack.