How to use Forge and ModLoader at the same time

FEarBG

First, I know that Forge have FML which should replace ModLoader and this is why Forge can now work independently without him.

The problem is that FML can not replace ModLoader really ..

Already come across at least 10 mods that need ModLoader and can not work with Forge.

So now I need to have ModLoader and Forge together in my minecraft.jar if I want to use all my mods.

Sure, but they use the same classes. Who should install second, so he can overwrite files ? Is there another way to use them both without creating conflict with one another ?

Might I also say that you should make sure it isn't 2 mods that conflict and not Forge/ModLoader.  Forge is compatible with all the mods I have tried.  Did you read the errors it produced or did you just assume it was Forge's fault?  If the error said anything along the lines of conflicting IDs, then your mods don't play friendly.  Simple as that.

width=320 height=64http://www.slothygaming.com/img/ota.png[/img]

If your grammar is shit and you blatantly don't know what you're doing, I will not help you.

Ok, my bad...

The only problem with Forge is that he have a little more *. classes then ModLoader. And because of them sometime there is a mod who is using the same classes. Like "Render Player API" who is using "we.class" which is also included in Forge.

We have the same deal with "OptiFine" and "Forge"... If I install Forge after some of those mods, things go bad ..

ModLoader don't have those classes and that's why he is easy to use and work immediately.

About my 10 mods problem, it seems that everything was working as a chain starting from "Render Player API" and "OptiFine" problem..

Forge edits a lot of things so that other mods don't.

Any other mod that edits base classes is doing it wrong. There is very little reason for any mod out there to edit a base class.

Just because ML doesn't edit as many doesn't mean it is anywhere near the power or compatibility Forge/FML offers.

Anyways, simple answer is you do not use ML and Forge together, it will not work.

However, all ML mods should world perfectly fine with Forge as long as they do not edit base classes.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
    • It is an issue with quark - update it to this build: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/quark/files/3642325
    • Remove Instant Massive Structures Mod from your server     Add new crash-reports with sites like https://paste.ee/  
    • Update your drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-280x
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.