BUG

Hikaripop

So, I'm sorry if this has been posted before or I'm posting in the wrong place, but I have a problem with forge.

Whenever I install it everything is fine and good, but when I try to change my texture pack Minecraft crashes on me.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

First of all, posted to the wrong board.

Second of all, not posting the necessary information that the stickied post in the proper board tells you to put, which comes with the warning that if you do not follow the instructions then you may get banned.

You are getting very close...

How do you expect anyone to help you if you do not post any information that can be used to help.

Now, based on what you posted then we can only guess that the only mod you have is Forge and that you are trying another texture pack than the vanilla one.  Currently there are no known issues with anything like that so we can only guess that it is one of three things:

1) You are lying by not including the necessary asked for information in the stickied post and you are using other mods, potentially some that have render editing abilities.

2) You are an idiot by not including the necessary asked for information in the stickied post and you are using other mods, potentially some that have render editing abilities.

3) Forge really does have a bug that no one else has reported and no one else has experienced, but still your lack of including the necessary asked for information in the stickied post does not let us know what the problem is or how we can possibly help.

Also, I have had a *REALLY* bad day and want a good portion of humanity to vanish, so ignore my tone and just be a good boy and post the information that is needed so that you can actually be helped.

P.S.  Moved this to the correct board.

I'm impressed by your incredibly helpful and cheery demeanor; it's no wonder you guys are flooded with members oh wait.

I already apologized for those things and I can't get the clipboard information because it just black screens on me.

P.S. What logical (or illogical) reason would I EVER have to lie about something like this?

I have news, its actually ModLoader that causes the crash...

Modloader itself works fine...

but as soon as i install Forge the game crashes...

trouble shooter:

i am not sure.. but please check the new source code for Mod Loader, i somehow got a feeling its different again, i dont know why.

The other mod i have installed is optifine... but hey.. that does not cause the crash it runs smoothly - with ModLoader - without Forge

Its all up to date..

Copy pasta from a similar thread:

I had this same issue, if you're using MCpatcher to install mods, put forge below modloader in the list. If you have modloaderMP also, put it between them.

If you're not, install forge after modloader, that way forge's files overwrite modloader's.

You may have a different issue, but I hope this helps. :)

Copy pasta from a similar thread:

I had this same issue, if you're using MCpatcher to install mods, put forge below modloader in the list. If you have modloaderMP also, put it between them.

If you're not, install forge after modloader, that way forge's files overwrite modloader's.

You may have a different issue, but I hope this helps. :)

He did not say that he was using MC Patcher, which is known to be troublesome, and would fall under the #1 possibility that I listed.  If someone wants help among the deluge of others asking for help, than they need to list *EVERYTHING* they are doing to MC, else it is difficult to properly help them.  We are just getting tired of people not reading the stickied post that tells not only what is needed but also links with descriptions of how to acquire it.  The OP completely ignored that.

For note, it would have been obvious that he was misusing MCPatcher if he bothered to post the stack trace, which is one of the things listed in the Stickied post.