[1.6.4] How do I add armor piercing to my weapon?

zhangh

Well, try to find a way to shortcut the damage reduction!

I would not suggest damaging the entity directly, but scaling up your damage done by the item to effectively ignore the armor value... (WARNING: Requires basic algebra)

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

The way I did it was to create a new static DamageSource class:

public static class DamageSourceArmorBreak extends EntityDamageSource {
public DamageSourceArmorBreak(String name, Entity entity) {
super(name, entity);
setDamageBypassesArmor();
}
}

Then I listen for the LivingHurtEvent, check if the source of the damage is a player using, in this case, a special skill (substitute your weapon), and then damage the entity with my new damage source instead.

DirtyEntityAccessor.damageEntity((EntityLivingBase) event.entity, DamageUtils.causeArmorBreakDamage(player), event.ammount);
event.ammount = 0.0F; // set to 0 and/or cancel the event so entity not damaged twice

DirtyEntityAccessor is just a class that I placed in the net.minecraft.entity folder that allows me to call the protected 'damageEntity' method:

public class DirtyEntityAccessor {
public static void damageEntity(EntityLivingBase target, DamageSource source, float amount) {
target.damageEntity(source, amount);
}
}

Thanks again to diesieben07 for his help with that particular solution.

The way I did it was to create a new static DamageSource class:

public static class DamageSourceArmorBreak extends EntityDamageSource {
public DamageSourceArmorBreak(String name, Entity entity) {
super(name, entity);
setDamageBypassesArmor();
}
}

Then I listen for the LivingHurtEvent, check if the source of the damage is a player using, in this case, a special skill (substitute your weapon), and then damage the entity with my new damage source instead.

DirtyEntityAccessor.damageEntity((EntityLivingBase) event.entity, DamageUtils.causeArmorBreakDamage(player), event.ammount);
event.ammount = 0.0F; // set to 0 and/or cancel the event so entity not damaged twice

DirtyEntityAccessor is just a class that I placed in the net.minecraft.entity folder that allows me to call the protected 'damageEntity' method:

public class DirtyEntityAccessor {
public static void damageEntity(EntityLivingBase target, DamageSource source, float amount) {
target.damageEntity(source, amount);
}
}

Thanks again to diesieben07 for his help with that particular solution.

Where do i put the 2nd code?