• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I don't need any help with anything specific per se but for the sake of discussion, would want to ask something.   Is it a bad idea to store data for a (example) tile entity in another file and not in the world.dat (or whatever is called)?   If I have some data that is not compatible with NBT, can I use my own files / way of saving that data? Would that be bad for performance and compatibility?
    • I do not understand why the Mojang does not explain what its functions are. Since you don't have a web site where some functions are explained and don't always tell our IDE what they do (for example Eclipse tells me what the DeferredRegister does but not what the function ModelRenderer.render does). Why does the Mojang do it?
    • Have you looked at the DefaultBiomeFeatures class to see how vanilla ores get spawned? What exactly have you tried? (post code/links to github) What were the exact results?   I haven't tried it yet myself, but looking in the class I mentioned above shows things like public static void addOres(Biome biomeIn) { biomeIn.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, COAL_ORE, 17)).func_227228_a_(Placement.COUNT_RANGE.func_227446_a_(new CountRangeConfig(20, 0, 0, 128)))); biomeIn.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, IRON_ORE, 9)).func_227228_a_(Placement.COUNT_RANGE.func_227446_a_(new CountRangeConfig(20, 0, 0, 64)))); biomeIn.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, GOLD_ORE, 9)).func_227228_a_(Placement.COUNT_RANGE.func_227446_a_(new CountRangeConfig(2, 0, 0, 32)))); biomeIn.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, REDSTONE_ORE, 8)).func_227228_a_(Placement.COUNT_RANGE.func_227446_a_(new CountRangeConfig(8, 0, 0, 16)))); biomeIn.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, DIAMOND_ORE, 8)).func_227228_a_(Placement.COUNT_RANGE.func_227446_a_(new CountRangeConfig(1, 0, 0, 16)))); biomeIn.addFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, LAPIS_ORE, 7)).func_227228_a_(Placement.COUNT_DEPTH_AVERAGE.func_227446_a_(new DepthAverageConfig(1, 16, 16)))); } and seems like a good place to start looking
    • We have had this report from mulitple BT customers. Unfortunately they have decided that files.minecraftforge.net is a scam and are blocking the site. Please report this error to their customer support.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)