[Solved] Need help updating to 1.7.2

Renkin42

I need some help with some bugs in my mod in 1.7.2.

1. Block and item textures aren't loading. My mod is in it's own project (Wuppy's advanced setup), and the file structure is src/main/resources/assets/renkin42swt/textures/items and /blocks. Entities have no problem loading their textures from this same location.

2. Placing new blocks crashes the game

3. Crafting Recipes work, but retrieving new items from the output crashes the game.

4. New items and blocks are being removed from my inventory when exiting and re-entering the game.

5. New blocks and items aren't appearing in the creative menu.

6. Blocks under transparent blocks not being rendered. Please check main/java/renkin42/stuffWorthThrowing/blocks/BlockSpectralBrick.

I am running forge 1007.

Here is my source code in it's current form: https://github.com/Renkin42/SWT_Mod_Gradle

If your blocks and items are not showing up correctly it's only because there is no ID anymore use by the game code when crafting or harvesting blocks.

Before 1.7.2 IDs were used to identify and spawn the objects but now the game use Items.

When you harvest a block it creates an ItemBlock and this ItemBlock has to be registered as an item to exist.

The old registering method doesn't work, you have to used the extended version that also call the ItemBlock .

As i had also some difficulties when the first version of Forge 1.7.2 appears i used the same registering method as the vanilla game. and it works perfectly.

If your blocks and items are not showing up correctly it's only because there is no ID anymore use by the game code when crafting or harvesting blocks.

Before 1.7.2 IDs were used to identify and spawn the objects but now the game use Items.

When you harvest a block it creates an ItemBlock and this ItemBlock has to be registered as an item to exist.

The old registering method doesn't work, you have to used the extended version that also call the ItemBlock .

As i had also some difficulties when the first version of Forge 1.7.2 appears i used the same registering method as the vanilla game. and it works perfectly.

I'm a bit confused. Can you give me a code example of what you're talking about?

I'm going to refer you to my github. Look in the 1.7 branch of Carbon-Mod. https://github.com/alix-the-alicorn

Also, My stuff isn't localized yet, use the assets method to localize in 1.7.

Are your textures working? I tried setTextureName("renkin42swt:sandPile") with the texture at "main/resources/assets/renkin42swt/textures/items/sandPile.png" but it didn't work.

I've got the same problems! Item textures, Items not popping up in creative inventory, items disappeared after logging in again ...

I think it's just a problem of item registering, but i can't figgure out how to register items right. I tried GameRegistry.registerItem() and also Item.field_150901_e.func_148756() which is the same as the GameData registry

I can't help myself please help!

Okay, new issue. Now the rendering stuff for my transparent blocks is broken. It now doesn't render the non-visible sides correctly, resulting in world holes under the block. I checked BlockIce and BlockGlass and didn't see anything new, so I'm not sure what's missing. can someone take a look? On the github repository, its at main/java/renkin42/stuffWorthThrowing/blocks/BlockSpectralBrick

Never Mind, I was just using the wrong method. Hard to tell with the block stuff still obfuscated.

Hi

This problem is normally associated with an incorrect isOpaqueCube.

Try adding @Override before your      public boolean func_149686_d()

Also - what is this line supposed to do (in shouldSideBeRendered)?  It looks broken to me, is 1 - side deliberate? (treat top & bottom different from sides?)

return super.func_149646_a(par1IBlockAccess, par2, par3, par4, 1 - par5);

if you always return true from this function, does your missing side problem go away?

-TGG

Never Mind, I was just using the wrong method. Hard to tell with the block stuff still obfuscated.

Use @Override for all your methods, it will help you pick up this sort of problem much faster.

-TGG

I did, but the method I was using was still valid, it just did something else. I was using func_149686_d when the correct one was func_149662_c. Also, the 1 - side thing is deliberate. I'm not sure what the purpose is, I just copied it from BlockIce.