Add a new MapGenVillage type to chunkprovider

microjunk

I have been searching for a while now and have found no info on this at all. I have tried the initmapgenevent, maybe I did it wrong but again no information has been found on that either. I would prefer not to do any base edits if at all possible. I have searched this forum and many other outlets on the web looking for an answer.

Basically I just want to load a new MapGen to the world without creating a new dimension or new world type so I can add new villages to the game. Is there a way to register a new map, or possibly use a forge event for this?

Please help, I have been searching for almost 3 weeks now and have had no luck at all...

IVillageCreationHandler ?

Though if you want to replace completely, InitMapGenEvent with Village EventType.

Just do event.newGen = yourCustomMapGen.

That works like any event. Except, it is a terrain event, with its own event bus to register to.

(MinecraftForge.TERRAIN_GEN_BUS)

How can I add a new MapGen with IVillageCreationHandler? I tried that and it didnt load. What I did was just copy all the vanilla stuff for the village and used the handler to load the mapgen, nothing happened...no error and no villages. I changed the block types from cobble to obsidian to test to make sure they were loading or not. I dont want to replace completely, I just want to add my own map....how is this possible.....